Results of the first high rev engine dyno run.. amazing stu

Guest Anonymous

Guest Anonymous

1 WORD.... TORQUE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

168ft/lbs at 6500 rpm

198 HP at 8700 RPM

IT was running great untill a keeper went MIA and this happened...

valve.jpg

didn't damage anything actually (I'm a lucky SOB) and we're trying a new head to crack the 200HP barrier on PUMP GAS. Definitly a flow issue with the head limiting the car from performing better ;)

Party On

Kris

Guest Anonymous

Just curious: what's the spec on this angry little

beastie? Guts? Management? Drivetrain? RWHP or

flywheel?

And how in the hell did you bend a valve and hurt

*nothing* else - am I missing something?

-Sam (never bent a valve, but...knock on wood, there's

a first time for everything)

O==00==O

'88 m3

1/2 an ITB

Guest Anonymous

The valve was bent when we were shutting it down.. just wanted 3 minutes to see how it would do up in the "unknown" range.. measurements are at the crank.. engine wasn't in a car.. the specs of the engine are still unavailable.. they will be released when Project Liger and Evo2 are done... should be sometime around august/sept. I'm just not gonna spec it and have every bench racer out there say it can't be done. Party ON

Kris

Guest Anonymous

Ahh, bench racers. 99.9% of the internet. And yet everyone thinks they're in the top .1%, don't they?

:)

(Me, I'm keeping my mouth shut, lest I shove the limits of my ignorance in the faces of others.)

>I'm just not gonna spec it and have every bench racer out there say it can't be done

Well, obviously, a dyno sheet is a dyno sheet, so that kind of throws the doubting thomases the finger, now, doesn't it?

(Assuming it hasn't been doctored...)

Was just curious, not trying to pry. Good luck with, er, whatever top-secret uber-high-tech thirty-year-old anachronism it goes into :)

Incidentally, the most I've seen on a non-fooled-with legit dyno sheet, out of a normally aspirated non-super-grenade (but still not all that long-lived) M10 is in the neighborhood of 225 crank...

I'm sure there are some out there who know what the serious do-or-die one-race maximum is out of that block/head/stroke combination. Be interested to find out.

Good luck with the motor.

Sam

O==00==O

Guest Anonymous

I don't mean to shut you off or imply that you weren't able to comprehend anything by any way.. I just want to keep them (the specs) down and see what we are really pulling once the whole system is tweaked out.. I would really prefer not to release specs for it until it has "stabilized" right now I've got 3 minutes worth of run time on it so it is probably still very out of tune and not a full representative value of it's true output. Since no one who has done this has documented it publically I'm not quite sure what everything is going to do and neither do most people.. I just didn't want to answer 30 questions about where I got some of these components and how did I make them work.. the keeper issue is being addressed and I think it won't delay the rest of the development.. the m10 may be old and outdated compared to modern DOHC 16v heads but the m10 has two things going for it.. A relativly long stroke and descent rod to stroke ratio.. unlike most entries into the high rev inline 4 where torque is almost non existant in exchange for easier production and longevity. A very good case in point is the Honda S2000 motor or the honda type r integra motor.. both are refered to as "torqueless wonders". While the S2000 has vtech which allows for a smooth idle and great high redline to 9000 rpm.. it still tops out only at 153ftlbs of torque.. but because of the vtec system and it's great flow characteristics it can achieve 240HP out of 2L on pump gas. 120HP/L.. highest out of any production NA car and a marvel of engineering.. I've already surpassed the torque of the s2000 on a old antiquated m10 which is almost 40 years old in design. While my motor isn't a "production" motor it's design has overcome and surpassed many preconcieved notions about how a M10 will behave.. espically at high port velocities. I think with tuning, the new fuel system, and the revised head, we will achieve around 225HP at around 9000RPM.. only 6.3% off of a S2000 motor.. with better midrange torque by about 15ftlbs.. Now here's the statement that really says something... Do you think you could take a m10.. apply new technology to it.. and get it to run almost dead even with a honda s2000 engine.. that is an achievement worth poping a bottle of bubbly over.. once it's done of course... anyway I do not shun the interest in this project but I am trying to finish it at the same time and I'm still looking at alot more "unknowns" so before I stick my foot in my mouth with any more specs.. I will bid thee.. Party On

Kris