pkchopp

Politically correct

20 posts / 1497 viewsLast Reply

1) If a properly vined 2002Tii is carburated, is it no longer a Tii ?

2) If you put all the proper parts of a Tii on a regular 2002, does it become a Tii?

3) If you build a 2002 turbo, but it is not a vin proper car, is it still a 2002 turbo ?

4) If you put twin carbs on a 2002 does it become a 2002Ti

And what should we call a m20 in a 02 ?

4) If you put duel carbs on a 2002 does it become a 2002Ti

It depends on what the outcome is after the carbs take five paces, turn, and fire.

does the car belong to obama or romney

2) If you put all the proper parts of a Tii on a regular 2002, does it become a Tii?

3) If you build a 2002 turbo, but it is not a vin proper car, is it still a 2002 turbo ?

Why not...if you put an S14 in it it becomes an M2 ;)

Earl

Guest gliding_serpent

My Tii has dual webbers and it currently has a 2002Ti badge on the back to most accurately reflect what it is. When the KF goes back in I will put the Tii back on. If people ask I say it is a "Tii... with dual webbers" because this is what it is. A Mallard duck painted to look like a Teal is still a Mallard, painted to look like a Teal.

Most people don't care or know better. That being said, for selling/collecting purposes the VIN tells the truth, and everything else is just disclosure.

1) If a properly vined 2002Tii is carburated,

is it no longer a Tii ? = CORRECT

2) If you put all the proper parts of a Tii

on a regular 2002, does it become a Tii? = NO

3) If you build a 2002 turbo, but it is

not a vin proper car, is it still a 2002 turbo ? = NO

4) If you put twin carbs on a 2002

does it become a 2002Ti = NO

5) And what should we call a m20 in a 02 ? = a POS BITZA

BE SURE TO VOTE!

a 2002 will always be...whatever bmw made to be at the factory. can't change what it was born as. so the answers are yes,no,no,no, a 2002.

my lowly 75 squaretail still says "2002" on the back. even though is has a couple of mods.... everyone knows there is no such thing as an M2 (yet...), but is is an easy way to categorize the mod package...

Call it what you ever floats your boat, but when it's time to sell call it what it is, and you'll be fine.

If it's a stroked s14,you can call it a M2502.

By the way, does anyone have a 2500 trunk emblem? I have 1 & need another to fabricate a 2502 badge.

Actually 2502 is more politically correct for an M20B25. And S14 is a 2.3 no? 2302? And eta M20B27 would be a 2702. I like.

I called it a 2602 for a 6 cylinder. But it should really reflect displacement, not cylinder count.

Collinster: I was not crazy for the "CARS Act" ('Consumer Assistance to Recycle & Save Act') of 2009 either. It originally passed in the House 298 to 119 and was later passed by the Senate. (bipartisan) The original plan allocated $1 billion in total, with the program ending when the funds ran out. An extra $2 billion was allocated with the support/encouragement of the Obama administration. The idea did not originate with the President, but he was definitely a backer of the plan. I doubt that it did much good. Attrition does the job over time with the vast majority of vehicles. (except 2002's, cool Alfas, Shelby Cobras, etc.)