Chamoix

OT: Coilover set up

6 posts / 435 viewsLast Reply

Check out this single adjustable coilover set up on the scooter I parked next to today. Looks to be a progressive spring too. I think it was Italian made but didn't look that closely. Think it might fit an 02?

21A06006-8777-40AA-9107-8FFC43DF57E7-7632-00000B898455EA60.jpg

I doubt it could handle the weight.

Why not just use one that GC sells.

3a67e6e80c2111e2ad6322000a1e9fad_7.jpg

Pretty sure that's not single adjustable, it just has 5 preset positions for height. Normally when a coilover is described as adjustable it means the damping or rebound is adjustable.

Aside from that anything on a scooter would be very undersized for a car, short of MAYBE an isetta or original mini.

Ireland is probably the best option for a rear coilover like that actually meant to go on a car. They use Pro-Shocks, which you can buy separately. However unless you know how to design a suspension it would probably be best to go through them so you get the right springs, compression and damping.

Tink,

Just joking. Really enjoying your build thread. I agree with the comment that you are the Larrry Flint of 02dom!!

Haha, darn it. I gotta admit you had me there. Coming from an e46 forum you'd be amazed at some of the questions people ask....

And thanks, tomorrow will be a good day for the build. Expecting something pretty exciting in the mail.

Pretty sure that's not single adjustable, it just has 5 preset positions for height. Normally when a coilover is described as adjustable it means the damping or rebound is adjustable.

the positions are for preload, not height. ;)

...I may or may not have 3.5 motorcycles sitting in my basement and one outside....