• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1600 engine partially disassembled

503recheck

1600 engine came out of machine shop with new bottom end and cyl head completely gone thru at machine shop. ran for approx 5k and then upgraded to 2.0l. has not run now in years but has been dry stored at repair shop. cyl head is clean and in great condition with good rockers and no cracks or welds. Not sure what to do with it as I no longer have car. too good to scrap but hard to find a home. any suggestions would be appreciated. located in portland oregon

I bought out another mechanics project with a 1600 motor fresh out of a reliable machine shop in portland over a decade ago. I assembled the motor with a rebuilt bottom end and full cyl head machine work. I ran the motor for a year or so with a euro 32/36 weber intake manifold setup. I also bought a 2.0 liter motor at the same time unfinished. I finished the 2.0 and put it in the car with a 292 and mikuni sidedrafts. I sold the car and put the 1600 motor in dry storage at a mercedes repair shop where i have been working for 25 years. The 1600 motor has been sitting for quite a while but is too good to discard but time to clean out the upstairs with a new owner so i am trying to find someone who is interested. It currently has the cam out because i was switching to the other motor. i have the 264 stock cam in a box. It has the euro intake manifold on it which is not included and i am trying to sell in a different post. it has the 6 bolt flywheel on it and the exhaust manifold and the cylinder head still installed. I think the 1600 cyl head is somewhat rare in great condition so I am asking 250.00. the block, flywheel are getting hard to find also in good condition compared to their 2.0l sibling

2r3z7z9.jpg

vrzhav.jpg

vet3xv.jpg

• 4 weeks later...

I need a 1600 bottom end. I just did a compression test on my 68 1600 and the numbers sucked. I had the head redone as I blew a head gasket so I'm good there. What are you looking to get for the bottom end? I'm in Southern Ca. so I'll need to figure out shipping though I may be fishing out of Klamath Falls (Williamson River) in June so a pickup could be in the cards. I had a rebuild 10 years and 30,000 miles ago but my mechanic didn't pull the engine - went in from the bottom and did rings. I guess that was a crappy way to go. My e mail is jpparm@cox.net.

Thanks

Pete Parmenter