bimmerboi

16 inch wheels?

19 posts / 6746 viewsLast Reply

They are out there, but not really common. You would need to run very low profile tires and likely still have clearance issues. Not to mention the crappy ride quality and handling that it would have because of it. Also, a 16x6 (7 may be too hard to fit on stock fenders) looks really narrow and odd.

15" is a more practical limit for anything but a car you are trying to achieve a "look" with.

These are 16 s

Looks great! Any details? I'm thinking about running 16x8 et 0 on my flared car.

These are 16 x 7 et25/ 205 45 16, with bolt on spacers to take them to 0et

Plenty of clearance in the front although they do scrape on the footwell at full lock , rear is great no rub at all but its close misses the flare by 4mm , i could machine a couple of mm off the back spacers . Shortened front struts,camber plates, super low rear springs . Ride is quite acceptable , handles great .

(nt) Alpina Reps.

Nice! Where did you find them in 16"???

These are about to be up for sale, actually but I have been doing the 16" thing on my daily for about 4 years. Works fine as long as you get all the dimensions right.

post-9983-13667665874427_thumb.jpg

They are out there, but not really common. You would need to run very low profile tires and likely still have clearance issues. Not to mention the crappy ride quality and handling that it would have because of it. Also, a 16x6 (7 may be too hard to fit on stock fenders) looks really narrow and odd.

15" is a more practical limit for anything but a car you are trying to achieve a "look" with.

Funny!

Here is my old 16x9" rear wheels

Falg01.jpg

Now I have 17x8.5" rear wheels with 245/40-17 Toyo R1R

and 17x7 front wheels with 205/45-17

560137_4016959513078_1041333752_n.jpg

17's? dang! but i really like the looks! so how much cutting do u need to do to get the flares to work? i really want some but i just hate having to cut...