nbristow01

Just got back from Eureka Springs today

6 posts / 497 viewsLast Reply

Left Thursday on the fall drive with BMWCCA Lonestar chapter. My 19 year old daughter came with me for a father/daughter get away for the weekend. She had such a good time, below is a picture of her taking a picture of my car for her facebook posts. She also has never experienced "spirited" driving and will never forget this drive!

I really enjoyed the car mix. Mine and a friends were the oldest cars..then 1990's to 2012. 2 M6's(one a 2012 conv). A 1M, 1 series, M3, Z3M, etc etc. Best part was when we hit the Pig Trail. Hit it really hard..2 M6's in front, Z3M behind me. Stuck with them like glue on the entire route. When we got to Eureka all the M guys were blown away that a couple 2002's stayed with the fast group....to the point we were pushing THEM in the corners

Ben was in his 2010 or 2011 M3. His brother Saleem was with him shotgun. Ben has started tracking his M3 for Autocross. He was so impressed with the 2002's, how quick they are and how unbelievable they handle he plans on getting a 2002 for an Autocross car and keep his M3 for his DD only.

Saturday we drove to Bentonville to the Crystal Bridges Museum. Had a great time and headed to dinner. I had been texting with Andy Stuckey that day and he met us at Fred's. His daughter drove the Bavaria to work and Andy came in his 2000CS. Those 2 cars ended up being the topics of the dinner conversations.

So we ended the great 4 day trip today. A group of newer and new BMW model owners left that experience with a complete appreciation and awe(by a few) of the BMW 2002. And thanks to Andy a few guys have been bitten by the vintage BMW bug

You guys in Arkansas have the most beautiful scenery and roads made for BMW's and their drivers. I envy you guys!!!!

post-17424-13667665811701_thumb.jpg

post-17424-13667665813024_thumb.jpg

post-17424-13667665814375_thumb.jpg

Great post Nick! Nice pics and I am sure a good time! Thanks for sharing!

I love Eureka Springs! Great memories from the Spring drive this year.

Thanks for posting, looks like fun for everyone involved...

~Jason

Looks like I missed the fun. Nick, you are so right, those roads are awesome. Next trip, I'm in.