ziff73

Roundie bulb location

7 posts / 699 viewsLast Reply

I know this sounds stupid, but my car has been apart for over a year and a half and I can't remember which portion is the running light, brake light, etc on the taillight housing...

Could someone post a pic of their taillight labeling the light function and bulb used? I thought reassembling a fresh engine would be the challenge...nope...looks like lightbulbs are!! Haha!

Thanks everyone!

Stephen

Hi-- this table will help you find the proper bulbs.

Appendix: Bulbs That Fit 2002s

Lamp Type OSRAM Philips US MOL Ф

Head lamp-PAR56/7” H6024 H6017 H6024

Front turn/park-21/5 watt (P25-2) 7528 12499 1034

Stop lamp-21 Watt (P25-1) 7506 12498 1073†, 2396‡

Rear turn-21 Watt (P25-1) 7506 12498 1073†, 2396‡

Tail lamp-5 Watt (P5-1) 5007 12821 89‡

Reverse lamp-15 watt (10 Watt) 7533(5008) (12814) 1003*

License plate-5 watt festoon base 6418 12844 N/A 36mm (nom)

Rear side marker 3893 12929 1816

Inside lamp-10W festoon 41mm 6411 12866 C5W 41mm (nom)

Instrument panel-wedge base 2821 12256 194

†: longer life, less light

‡: longer life, more light, more current

*: short life, but who cares?

: slightly larger, longer life

Ф:MOL― Maximum Overal length

Larry

Appendix buls for 2002's 121020.doc

Hi--

For rear combo lamp function locations, realize that the amber center (or red if you have that) is the turn signal while the white lens is for the backup lamp. For the others, see the photo that Tom Jones took on the NT49 MD in 2007, showing round and square lamps with brakes applied at a signal in San Francisco. You can see that the square lamp has the lower section for the stop function while the round taillamp uses the lower-inner segment for stop.

Larry

post-18303-13667665733136_thumb.jpg

Cool. thanks for the info... I actually did find that list, but thought it was for the square tail cars? Am I correct in assuming that the round tail lights did have any double filament bulbs? Meaning, the brake light was off until the pedal was depressed, not dimly lit, then brighter when pedal is depressed...right? Thanks guys, I think I'm almost there...;-)

Wiring up my new Odyssey battery now..woohoo! I might be able to turn the new motor over soon...with no exhaust...

Hi--

Actually, I first compiled the list when I still had my '73. But all 2002's use separate compartments for stop and tail lamp functions, so each bulb has a single filament. The only 2-filament bulbs in a 2002 are in the front turn signal that also acts as a sidemarker and parking lamp. If you look carefully at Tom's photo the square taillamp seems to have the upper lamp operating (the taillamp; it might, however, be a reflection from an adjacent headlamp or sun reflection).

Awesome!! Thank you both! I got them working! First time in over a year and a half! I'm on the final road to completion...or perdition...;-)

I need to order some universal bends and make the exhaust so I can start it...woohoo! I can taste it! Oh wait, that's the Sam Adams Hazel Brown....goodtimes.

Stephen