ndog

how many folks have the Original papers

34 posts / 2311 viewsLast Reply

this makes me laugh every time i l oo k at it.

IMAG0419.jpg

he got buttholed

Wow! My Dad got our venerable "Zelda" in 72 for quite a bit less! Alfred (Gunkel) near Erie PA has worked on our cars on and off for the last 40 years!

Zelda was my first car as a teenager. Bought it from my dad for about $4k in 1986.

post-21601-13667665659229_thumb.jpg

so they all come folded in half ,and stuffed in front pocket.

Got the one for the 74 somewhere... sadly it was water damaged as was the rest of the contents of the plastic sleeve that contained the user manual and service records and what not. 76 one is probably fine and somewhere around here... We've had so many cars since my parents got married 26 years ago today, but the BMW's have been here since '77 (for the 76- mom was second owner at the age of 16) and '93 (74 Automatic shell with Behr A/C body donor for the 76 when it rusted out)... All our other cars have come and gone since then, but the 76 shell and 74 remain garage queens:P I'll try to dig around and find them, should be interesting!

ndog,

your standard equipment includes "constant air flow" .....

so, like, what is that ?? sounds as if they mean, "the windows do not roll up completely"

Cheers,

Carl

ndog,

your standard equipment includes "constant air flow" .....

so, like, what is that ?? sounds as if they mean, "the windows do not roll up completely"

Cheers,

Carl

they dont go down all the way 2

The '69 sold for $3452 including all the "non optional options" that Max put on all 2002s, plus XAS tires and a sunroof. The 73 was around $4800 as it had dealer installed air plus the XAS tires and sunroof.

I also have all the maintenance and repair records on both cars from new, and even gas consumption--from new on the '69 and from 46k miles on the 73. Yep, I'm a bit detail-oriented.

cheers

mike

and even gas consumption--from new on the '69 and from 46k miles on the 73. Yep, I'm a bit detail-oriented.

cheers

mike

Mike

I have a spiral-bound notebook -- which I cannot find for the last year -- I kept of my car's gas purchases from new. Thus, through approximately 100,000 miles my '76 averaged about 20.5 mpg. Since it seemed my driving was more highway than city driving, I was never terribly impressed by this number. How does it compare to your overall mileage?

Thanks and regards,

Steve

I think I averaged about 23-24 mpg on the '69.

I suspect the '73 is about the same, as it's had a 5 speed for the past 30+k miles and a lot of highway driving.

cheers

mike

"detail oriented"

The odometer on my '74 turned 10,000 miles in June 1975. Since then, I have maintained a record of the date on which the odometer turns another 1,000 miles. A few years later, I also added the city at which it happened.

Just last weekend I turned 229,000 miles, so that's a lot of log entries.

Cheers,

Carl

(edited)

I think I averaged about 23-24 mpg on the '69.

I suspect the '73 is about the same, as it's had a 5 speed for the past 30+k miles and a lot of highway driving.

cheers

mike

Thank you, Mike. And that pretty much confirms my suspicion that my '76 never got the mileage of my '67 1600-2 or my '69 2002 (while clearly having less "oomph" than the '69). I had each of the earlier cars for much shorter periods of time, and many fewer miles, than the '76, so their mpg numbers -- both long forgotten by now -- would have been less meaningful than 100K of data. But the '76 always seemed to gulp gasoline.

Now I'd like to find someone with a '76 who also kept complete gas records!

Much appreciated,

Steve

EDIT: Thanks to this forum, I discovered my '69 -- referred to above -- was actually a '70, built in September 1969 and erroneously registered as a '69. Thank you.

Edited by Conserv

so far 3 photos of original paper....... cmon folks