Preparing to install tii engine in a 2002, and

need to know if the engine can be installed

with the regular brake booster found on carburetor

cars. I do know that the tii air box will have to be

raised to clear the regular booster but I'm curious

if there are any other issues that need to be

addresed before installation. TIA

Mike,

The tii booster is not as tall (and is longer) then the stock part to provide more clearance for the intake and linkage.

It moves the m/c further foward which

dictates a longer front steel brake line to reach the m/c.

Also to make more room for the stock air filter set-up.

R

I think I know where you are going with this Mike...

Regular 2002 with std. booster will soon get 73tii engine and trans for transporting back to Mike's place. Can we just install the 73tii engine complete with intake into a std. 2002 chassis or will the aluminum runners hit the larger diameter booster?

I would check between my two cars but I already pulled the brake parts from the '69.

Jim

Nothing to indicate a problem in all the searches I've read. However, Skip had heard that the intake elbows would hit. I can adjust the air can by placing the brackets higher on the fender wall. Surely I'm not the first to install a tii engine in a regular 02.

Mike - I guess you are trying to keep the standard booster set-up with the tii engine and air cleaner.

I don't think it will work >> the tii air cleaner has the bump in the bottom of the center section to clear the tii booster and the rear air filter snorkle sits just under the cowl. That rear section would interfere with the non-tii booster.

Now if you are relocating the battery into the trunk, you might be able to shift the air cleaner forward but then the front snorkle would hit the radiator and the rear one the # 4 runner.

Maybe nix the snorkles and use elements ala Alpina.

You can also fab up a simple bracket that secures the tii air cleaner from the shock tower studs.

Food for thought. I'm changing the tii booster and adding air cleaner brackets to my '69.

Im pretty darn sure that the plenum will fit, just not the air box.

You can run an elbow off of the plenum to a CAI.

So, are you saying the intake will hit the regular booster?

Thanks for the follow-up post on this subject Mike. Always good to learn something new. It will help in the future when someone searches and

you have already answered the question. Bravo!

Can we just install the 73tii engine complete with intake into a std. 2002 chassis or will the aluminum runners hit the larger diameter booster?

No, interference there. Lots of clearance. Runners are same as 79 E21 that I am running.

post-247-13667666880618_thumb.jpg

So, are you saying the intake will hit the regular booster?

This is from another post on the subject:

Got the tii breather brackets in from Marshall, so I tackled the question as to whether it will fit with the larger brake booster. The answer is YES. Again, the pictures are bad, but better than nothing.

I'll have them spot welded later, and painted

Thanks for the follow-up post on this subject Mike. Always good to learn something new. It will help in the future when someone searches and

you have already answered the question. Bravo!

Alfa GTV6 and I think some Milanos have the same booster.

Not like they are falling from the trees but....

John