Starting to look like a car......

Guest Anonymous

Guest Anonymous

URL: http://www.zeebuck.com/02bc/index.htm

Despite already badly missing my broken 76, I have pressed the 75 into service, and in the process, got it running, stopping and turning fairly well. Hell, I even put a muffler on it! Anyway, since it seems to be doing OK mechanically, I decided to spruce up the appearance a bit.

I installed a spare back seat, a set of wheel trim rings, and threw a bit of Mother's sealer and glaze on it. Look not bad. Next up, I'm going to do some much needed work on the hood, including a fresh coat of spray bomb black, and of course, I'll be installing a roundel, and a piece of hood chrome!

So far, my TOTAL investment in this car, including purchase price, is JUST over $100 Canadian! That includes selling a couple parts off of it, and installing some "new" parts that I already had. No bad, eh! If I gotta drive a beater, this ain't a bad way to go.

Here's some before, and during shots. I'll post some after shots next week.

AlDSCF0009.jpg

DSCF0011.jpg

DSCF0013.jpg

DSCF0020.jpg

DSCF0021.jpg

DSCF0022.jpg

Guest Anonymous

scores 100 pts at a concours from 30 feet away. For $100 (even US) ya can't beat it! Way to go saving another '02...

Mike

Guest Anonymous

standard.jpg

Geeze Al: around 100 bucks C! That may be a record for a running 02. I thought my buddy was bad when he called me yesterday about a sahara square he is getting for 350 U.S.. But it will need a head( cheap E12). You have him beat by a mile. Car looking really good. Keep on truckin': I love it when the economic universe gets back into balance: your 100 C starts to level the universe for the 10s of thousands I have put into my Sahara. Balance achieved.

Guest Anonymous

about the same thing with a Malaga '75 that a friend of my wife's gave us (it wouldn't pass CA emissions - header, no smog pump, non-emissions Weber) for her daughter to drive when she turned 16. It started out pretty nasty looking, but cleaned up surprisingly well..... I was pretty unhappy when she totalled it, but at least she walked away without a scratch from an excursion off a rain-slick road into a fair sized tree.

Guest Anonymous

DSCF00051.JPG

URL: http://www.zeebuck.com/02bc/index.htm

I haven't spent much on this car but time. I don't expect it to be anything more than a beater, but that's OK. At least it has a second chance at life. It's a little crusty, and has had some sletchy bodywork, so at this point, it's all about preservation. Rust proof it, and drive it until it finally rolls over and dies.

Al

Guest Anonymous

A few weeks after I had my late 71 repainted, I stumbled across an early Sahara 71. Complete, but with a bashed in pass. door. Started, stopped, turned, even the electricals worked. Bought it for $450. I slapped a used door on it, spray painted it with 5 cans of dark blue. Used it as a C class autocross car and took first place for the season.

Later I dropped a used motor and put some shocks, springs, & bars on it. Drove it some more and gave it to my brother-in-law. He drove it, his 16yo son (and all his friends) drove/abused it. My nephew, Ratt, finally inherited the "blue beast". Worked on it, drove it, and it finally died when he was rear-ended.

That car had a BIG heart.