RickLeonard

Water Pump Replacement

5 posts / 773 viewsLast Reply

I have read the posts from July 08, but I have the AC Compressor bracket mentioned in that post...

Does anyone have more detail on cutting the AC bracket or would it be better to go ahead and remove/reinstall the bracket?

I am in the middle of this and the bracket is causing problems with reinstalling the pump.

Thanks,

Rick

that wrap around the water pump, you can cut one of the arms off with no problems. I did that back about 1982 and haven't had any trouble since.

The remaining bracket that fastens to the water pump's right side...the trick is to grind a few mm off the boss on the water pump that the bracket fits over. That provides enough clearance to slide pump and gasket under the bracket without dislodging the gasket.

cheers

mike

I don't know if it is the "octopus" A/C compressor bracket or not so I have attached a picture. Just in case it is not attached the bracket is angled across the bottom 2 bolts which does not allow much room to get the pump wheel inside the "well" with out distrying the gasket. It looks like it would be easy to along the weld to get rid of that portion of the bracket the bolts go through. Is that the portion you cut off?

I hope you are able to see the picture.

Thanks,

Rick

post-71-13667665578864_thumb.jpg