2Red69s

Paging Tom(?) Granatrot Voll Cabriolet owner SoCal

20 posts / 1272 viewsLast Reply

Hi,

I had to leave the show early to help my Mom who got stranded with her overheated BMW convertible, so I never got to finish our conversation and exchange contact info. I came back to the show later on, but you had left by then. My email is David "at manhattanrepro dot c o m.

Your car looked great, I hope you enjoyed the show and your drive home.

Hi,

I had to leave the show early to help my Mom who got stranded with her overheated BMW convertible, so I never got to finish our conversation and exchange contact info. I came back to the show later on, but you had left by then. My email is David "at manhattanrepro dot c o m.

I am Tom, but not the Tom you seek. I am interested in hearing about your Voll cabrio, and the other Tom's as well. I write a blog dedicated to Baurs, and as you know, Baur built those Voll Cabrios for BMW. We are trying to identify and locate the owner of the red Baur Cabrio seen in this post:

http://baurspotting.blogspot.com/2012/10/four-baurs-at-socal-vintage-2012.html

I think that may be the granatrot one that you mention Tom has. Was your cabrio at the show also?

Thanks for any help in this, sorry to distract your thread.... but I thought you may like to know we are interested in your cars!

Tom

Baurspotting

David,

email sent. I had the Rubinrot (ruby red) 1600 cab. My email is mattdanchris at hotmail dot com,

Carl

Carl is that your cabrio (attached)?

It is also in this blog post down toward the end, because it was a late discovery:

We are trying to identify and locate all the Baurs in the US: Cabrios, Targas, etc.

post-22228-13667665570337_thumb.jpg

post-22228-13667665570684_thumb.jpg

Tom.

No, my car was 1 row further back and a little closer to where we entered. It is a different red. 1969 1600 Baur Cab VUN 1557809

Carl

Hi,

Took this pic as cars were entering the show. Is this you, David?

5930cd14162711e2bb6a1231381b51cd_7.jpg

Tom.

No, my car was 1 row further back and a little closer to where we entered. It is a different red. 1969 1600 Baur Cab VUN 1557809

Carl

Whoa! So there were THREE Cabrios at the SoCal Vintage? The red one I just posted, your ruby red one, and the white 1600 from La Jolla Independent?

Do you have a pic of your car at the event? This is exciting news ... I have seen 100- 200 pics of the event, and more surprises keep turning up!!

It now looks like there may have been 7 Baurs there: 3 Cabrios, 1 Targa, and 3 Top Cabriolets! Wow!

:)

Not sure if this RHD was at the show but it's in Socal also. I have more pics of it somewhere

photo2-1.jpg

Photos

P1010444.jpg

P1010442.jpg

Beautiful cabrio, Carl! Congrats! I have now revised the original blog post to reflect this new info..... looks like we had 7 Baurs of various types there that day. Nice showing!

RayC911, thank you for that pic. We do know that RHD Targa from last year, and also from a for sale ad a while back, I believe. It is shown in this post, toward the bottom:

http://baurspotting.blogspot.com/2012/10/known-2002-baur-targas-in-us-so-far.html

Both of these shots I took in 2004 near Pasadena, CA. The white one is Carl Nelson's car.

Oktoberfest2004002.jpg

With "mother duck Mike Self" at the wheel

Oktoberfest2004021.jpg

Ray/Tom,

That red cab is owned by Peter Sliskovich, driven in by son Erik with cigar, owned by him for many, many years.