jrkoupe

First Annual 2012 FFR...Fall Foliage Run

8 posts / 660 viewsLast Reply

the tradition has begun.....we had a hard charging enthusiastic small group...and our color's fit right in!

the car's ran well.......we had large oil consumption, brake fade, wheel lock up, understeer, oversteer and plenty of oh sh*t moments.....it was perfect.

...thanks to Igor for setting it all up, David, Demetri and Marcello.......it was good fun...

(I think it was the longest drive Ive ever had in my current [email protected] 172 miles....and my elec. fan worked flawlessly, thanks to this forum)

Cold Spring, Bear Mountain, Suffern and Seven Lakes area...NY.

IMG_1884.jpg

IMG_1887.jpg

IMG_1886-1.jpg

IMG_1916-1.jpg

IMG_1917.jpg

IMG_1893.jpg

IMG_1885-1.jpg

IMG_1895.jpg

ran into a hot rod gathering

all steel..

IMG_1897.jpg

It was a lot of fun for sure! I had a great time pushing the 02's stock suspension to keep up with the two little buggers in orange... Joel's car is the tits BTW... Just see the pics! I'm dying for one of those buckets after having sat in it... so comfortable it's unbelievable.

IMG_0180.jpg

IMG_0181.jpg

IMG_0182.jpg

IMG_0187.jpg

IMG_0188.jpg

IMG_0191.jpg

IMG_0192.jpg

IMG_0193.jpg

IMG_0194.jpg

IMG_0195.jpg

IMG_0196.jpg

I also have video! I need to find the time to upload it all though; I have been very busy lately.

For the record, the oil consumption, brake fade, and lockup (hey, I felt the need for second gear through that corner...) was mostly me. Apparently some people aren't man enough to enjoy the sweet aroma of burnt oil, so I got stuck in the back of the pack after the first hard run :)

For the record, the oil consumption, brake fade, and lockup (hey, I felt the need for second gear through that corner...) was mostly me. Apparently some people aren't man enough to enjoy the sweet aroma of burnt oil, so I got stuck in the back of the pack after the first hard run :)

lol...

hey, my nasal mucosa still is GTX honey color.....!!!!!!!

and btw, you drove that car very well.

lol...

hey, my nasal mucosa still is GTX honey color.....!!!!!!!

and btw, you drove that car very well.

hahahaha! thanks joel... the compliment means a lot coming from someone who such as yourself.

I'm pretty sure the oil leak is coming off of my timing chain cover/oil pan. she drips when she sits now. I'll change it all out when I do the head, so I'll just need to keep oil on hand for now. Since the drive I also noticed a rough idle... my guess is the points are finally starting to really let go (they were really worn 500 miles ago when I got the car, they are probably near gone now!)

Random interesting thing... I noticed yesterday that there is an electric fan installed on my car! I don't think its currently hooked up, but it looks to be off of an e21.