tomscat1

2002 Baur Targa at SoCal Vintage

11 posts / 1594 viewsLast Reply

There were 4 Baurs at Socal Vintage 2012 over the weekend including this 2002 Baur Targa beauty (attached). The picture does not nearly do it justice, I am told.

Does anyone know this car? Anyone have any other pics? These are not the greatest camera phone pics, but they are all I have at this point. Any additional photos or info would be much appreciated, and will get posted prominently, credit to you, of course!

Our Baur Man at Socal Vintage, Baur owner Koko M, spoke with the owner of this Baur, who stated that he doesn't get on the Internet very much.

More pics of the red Targa and more info on other Baurs at Socal Vintage 2012 here:

http://baurspotting.blogspot.com/2012/10/four-baurs-at-socal-vintage-2012.html

post-22228-13667665533008_thumb.jpg

There were 4 Baurs at Socal Vintage 2012 over the weekend including this 2002 Baur Targa beauty (attached). The picture does not nearly do it justice, I am told.

Does anyone know this car? Anyone have any other pics? These are not the greatest camera phone pics, but they are all I have at this point. Any additional photos or info would be much appreciated, and will get posted prominently, credit to you, of course!

Our Baur Man at Socal Vintage, Baur owner Koko M, spoke with the owner of this Baur, who stated that he doesn't get on the Internet very much.

More pics of the red Targa and more info on other Baurs at Socal Vintage 2012 here:

Make that 5 (not 4) Baurs at SoCal Vintage! Here is a Baur Voll Cabrio in the background of these pics. In both cases the focus of the pic was another car, which is why I missed seeing it the first time around! It is off to the right behind the E21 'Alpina' in one pic, and off to the left in the pic of the '02 truck towing the trailer.

Any other pics of this car?

post-22228-13667665534731_thumb.jpg

post-22228-13667665536184_thumb.jpg

Looks like Carl Nelson's white 1600 next to his Z1. I thought Carl also had a Baur there past the Z1.

That could very well be Katy Perry's..... er, I mean Carl Nelson's 1600 Baur Cabriolet. Excellent and thank you!

http://baurspotting.blogspot.com/2012/06/carl-nelson-and-his-1600-cabriolet-aug.html

(Yes, Katy Perry is in that post! She used Carl's 1600 cabrio in a music video.)

It is hard to tell from that pic, but that could be a Z1 next to the cabrio. The next car (red) is a not a Baur, from what I can tell. It appears to have a hard top. Did Carl have a Baur there? Could that red 2002 Targa belong to him? Or was there another Baur there?

Anyone have any more pics?

It was great seeing all of the Baurs at BavAuto last weekend. A few of my favorite Baur photos:

DSC_1637.jpg

DSC_1859.jpg

DSC_1881.jpg

DSC_1676.jpg

DSC_1718.jpg

DSC_1713.jpg

DSC_0021.jpg

DSC_0022.jpg

Those are great pics, Charlie.... especially those last two!

I saw that huge Alaskan Malamute also... and you captured him perfectly! In the first pic he looks so menacing..... and then he simply melts at the touch of that little girl!

Perfect! Kudos!

We talked with the owner for about 10 minutes that morning... and all the while that huge dog (2 yrs old 150 lbs according to the owner) just lay on his back, waiting to have his belly scratched!

Beautiful animal! Nice job with the pics!

That is his green Z1, he was right next to Miller's vehicles including the trailer.

Did he have a Baur there also?

Anyone have any pics of that part of the show?

Looks like Carl Nelson's white 1600 next to his Z1. I thought Carl also had a Baur there past the Z1.

I think you may be right! kdonn posted these pics in E21 bimmerforums.... and I believe it is the red Baur Targa----- parked right between the Alpina and Carl Nelson's white 1600 Baur Cabrio!

Bingo!

Story here also:

post-22228-13667665548488_thumb.jpg

post-22228-13667665549042_thumb.jpg

Bingo!

here is 'the smoking gun' pic, thanks to Garagista, who took this pic! The red Baur Targa is parked next to the white Baur Voll Cabrio!

Thank you, Garagista! That is pretty conclusive evidence. I do want to contact Carl Nelson anyway, since I am told he is the "Keeper of the Baur Targa Register", officially, or unofficially!

BTW, it now looks like we are up to 6 Baurs at SoCal Vintage last weekend! A great showing!

post-22228-13667665565621_thumb.jpg