BBL70

need to buy a header, anyone know this company?

22 posts / 1337 viewsLast Reply

at $200 what's to think about ????

Go For It !

4340_35.JPG

IE at $315 (75 of that is for coating)

maybe the @$200 is your baby

02shortheader.jpg

My personal experience is that ceramic coating is definetly worth it. On the header in my 2002 I also had it ceramic coated on the inside too. You can only have this done if the header is new and unused.

John

My personal experience is that ceramic coating is definetly worth it. On the header in my 2002 I also had it ceramic coated on the inside too. You can only have this done if the header is new and unused.

John

+1

Highly recommended to have exhaust manifold/header coated inside and out. No futzing with spray-can VHT stuff. Well worth the money IMO.

Guest Anonymous

Just a question...

After installing the performance header was there a measurable difference in performance...

Not measured by technical numbers. But,by using the seat of the pants, smile on the face gauge...

I installed a Tii manifold I did not feel a difference on how well I got up the road.....I know that results will vary..

Anyway, wondering about the performance header..Because I'm always open to an affordable effective change...

ira

Pat Allen has some home flow bench numbers on stock exhaust headers, as well as there being numerous threads containing information on the gains between different header systems. Quantifiable as well as non quantifiable experiences.

If sound equates to horsepower then the yes on the measurable seat of the pants. But, then again, I've been loosing some weight so the car is going faster anyway.

+1 ceramic coating.

Add AFR bung before ceramic coating on a full header, can't weld ceramic coating.

post--1-1366766535388_thumb.jpg

John

+1

Highly recommended to have exhaust manifold/header coated inside and out. No futzing with spray-can VHT stuff. Well worth the money IMO.

Here's a picture taken this morning after a rainy drive to work. Ceramic coating after 3 years. Please forgive the bit of road grime "haze".

IMG_4761-1.jpg

These headers were designed by Jeff and a long-time salt flat racing friend of his. They are still made by his friend right up the street in Pasadena.

IMG_2175.jpg

proslack: What kind of header is that in your photo (1350062154_tmp_Photo-0043.jpg). My new car came with one that looks the same, down to the weld partway down the #3 pipe. The collector and flange are identical as well. I saw one like it on e-bay, the seller thought it was a Stahl, but neither that or mine have the Stahl plate. I believe Stahl has been putting serial numbers on their headers since the 1960's. Mine has some numbers, though I don't have the pics here at work to post now. Mine has small diameter primaries, 1.625" OD if I remember correctly.

Thanks, Fred '73tii & '69GT3

That's China junk made from sub-par steel and chrome-dipped and then fake-welded to make it look like stainless with machine welds, etc. It's junk and will rot from the inside, it kills people (the fake chrome shit is highly toxic), and you shouldn't put shit like that on your car.

After installing the performance header was there a measurable difference in performance...

I can answer this one-

no.

Not unless you do a lot more to the car. Intake, exhaust, carbs, etc.

The stock manifold flows plenty good. For stock.

Now, it's heavy, ugly, and I'd never buy a new one, but it does the deal

if you already own it. And it's quiet, and importantly to some, original.

And Andrew, while I agree with your conclusions, go easy on

the hard sell with Ireland products. Your insight is welcome, but slandering

other products, isn't.

t

And Andrew, while I agree with your conclusions, go easy on

the hard sell with Ireland products. Your insight is welcome, but slandering

other products, isn't.

t

Point taken Toby (thanks), I've withheld doing just that on several occasions simply because I REALLY don't want to come across that way. Got carried away this time.

Edited the post to provide information only, not personal subjective opinion.

going to buy the IE one, the ebay one is cheap but bad reviews

No offense intended but the weirdest part of this whole thing is that you're buying a header for an automatic car. What do you expect it'll do? Do you really expect "performance" out of it? Just be happy it goes forward and reverse at this point and save your money.