Guest Anonymous

best ebay listing ever

15 posts / 1000 viewsLast Reply

I'm contacting Michele Ferrari now. Hopefully by the time the listing ends I'll have enough Hgh in me that even my money will have enough testosterone. Then I'll go on to win 7 Tour de France as well.

And why only four hotties? A car as manly as that is on par with a mansion filled like Hugh Hefner...

And now for my fine print... What exactly is a manual transmission? I can't even get to the grocery store without directions from my wife. And exactly how much just for the MC Hammer pants? Oh wait I still have those from back in the day.

Think we could squeeze on of those new shelby motors into one of those? I just instructed in a 2012 Shelby GT 500. OH MY! The power is out of this world and the car stops and handles great. They have come a long way. G

never noticed it before but Cobras have the same inside rearview mirror as a Bugeye Sprite!

mike

Amusing description, especially once you get past the fact that it's not a '65, it's not a Shelby, and it's not a 427.

In my opinion, even the "Real Cobra" is more of a kit car than a well executed design. It's nothing more than the result of a "hack job". Just look at the center hump to make room for the larger transmissions for the 8 cylinder motors. And that all too vertical windshield ? The very limited amount of room for the pedals and the driver's feet, the layout of the gauges, the position of the steering wheel, those ugly cheap headlights, etc etc. A VW beetle from the same era blows this thing away in styling and design, not to mention a Porsche 356. And a 2.5-3.0 liter Ferrari will keep up with it with an engine more than hallf the size, while blowing it away in styling and ergonomics. Carol Shelpy, may you rest in peace, but your Cobra is not all its made out to be. The F40, though, is another story altogether.

You are comparing designs that are 60 years apart. The Cobra was originaly a Bristol designed in the Late fourtys. The Bristol had a BMW designed engine that was a result of the war repartitions. Shelby saw an opertunity to make a high performance automobile using an american V8. G

Actually it was an AC Ace, the Bristol part was just the engine. When they first built the Ace in 1953 they used their own 2 liter inline 6 that made about 100 hp. It was not until 1956 that they started using the Bristol 2 liter inline 6 ( Based on the BMW 328 engine, 120 hp or so) In 1961 they started using a 205 liter "Ruddspeed" inline 6 that made closer to 170hp. And that is when Shelby started thinking he could stuff a Ford V8 into it and go even faster.

In my opinion, even the "Real Cobra" is more of a kit car than a well executed design. It's nothing more than the result of a "hack job". Just look at the center hump to make room for the larger transmissions for the 8 cylinder motors. And that all too vertical windshield ? The very limited amount of room for the pedals and the driver's feet, the layout of the gauges, the position of the steering wheel, those ugly cheap headlights, etc etc. A VW beetle from the same era blows this thing away in styling and design, not to mention a Porsche 356. And a 2.5-3.0 liter Ferrari will keep up with it with an engine more than hallf the size, while blowing it away in styling and ergonomics. Carol Shelpy, may you rest in peace, but your Cobra is not all its made out to be. The F40, though, is another story altogether.

One can only assume you base your opinions on eBay ads. A genuine Shelby Cobra from the 60's has none of the issues you mention, unlike the replicas that like to masquerade as real Cobras. Having owned 7 of the genuine article, and from thousands of miles of driving experience, I can say your conclusions are nonsense.

I can say your occlusions are nonsense.

heee heeee.....

...damn, that's a good ad.

The originals WERE a hack job- they hacked

a v8 into a car designed for a

straight 6! And details in a 60's Briddish car?

Always of the finest orchestration.

makes me want leather pants, that does.

And the hardtop version that F5 makes DOES give me a stiffie...

t

I noticed that the rear suspension had 2 shocks for each wheel. What is the second horizontal shock for?

Unlike the "REAL" Cobras this car uses a Fox body Mustang SOLID rear axle (Cobras were full independant rear suspension) the Horizontal rear shocks are to help control axle wrap due to the strange 4 link system the Mustang used. This helps to control Wheel Hop, but not much.