Simeon

OT accessing the site via an iPhone running IOS6

5 posts / 295 viewsLast Reply

I usually access the site via my phone as I find it a great way to fill in all the gaps in my day. I usually accept that a mobile device will never be quite as compatible as a desk top PC running Internet Explorer, however, I have been having a lot of problems since I stupidly upgraded my iPhone 4 to IOS6.

Over 3G the site works reasonably well but sometimes I need to refresh to get pictures but when I connect with WiFi I need to restart the phone before I can open the FAQ and then it only works for a set period. Turn off the wifi and it works OK over 3G. Every other computer works fine over WiFi. Only seems to effect the FAQ, everything else seems OK.

Anyone else have trouble?

Interesting. I have an Android phone and it tries to download each thread like a .pdf when I am on the 4G, but when I'm on wifi, it works perfectly.

I had an iPhone 4 on iOS 6 up until last week and didn't have any problems on this site. Now on an iPhone 5 and still no problems here.

It could be some kind of interaction between my phone and my ADSL router / wireless modem. Maybe I need to update the firmware in them.

That is the kind of job you do when you have way too much time on your hands...

I'm running iOS 6 on my iPod touch 4th generation... It loads the site pretty well, but everything is always so darn small.

I wish we could get our site onto tapatalk, greatest thing ever. Matthew'sVolvoSite is on it and it resizes everything and downloads the pictures of every thread you view.