Sign in to follow this  
2joejoe2

nice 02 found on Fla craigslist. alpina wheels? $2000

16 posts / 1941 viewsLast Reply

I am not sure if they are real Alpina's or not without a closer look, they maybe very good copies / aftermarket brand. They look like E21 turbines but I dont think they are, the center caps look correct and spokes look as if they maybe alpina's. The e21 have like a double overlay design somewhat on the spokes that are raised up when you look at them close up. As alpina have smooth spokes.cannt really tell from the distance of the picture.

I have real 15inch Alpina's staggered rims set of 6 produced by Ronal from the 1970's. That I bought over 10 years ago for $250!! And no I am sorry they are not for sale, I am going to have them redone in time for a future project.

I sent an email and semi close so If it is legit, with real alpinas I will try to buy the car, and if anyone is intrested I may part it out if need be to help everyone out, alot of nice parts pictured. Wouldnt mind a set of 10 alpina? But I have a bad feeling they are not alpina's but Kopi replica's. But who knows they maybe real alpina's guess we all will have to wait and find out!

SHAWN

yes from the pictures what I see they are euroturnsignals, I dont have confirmation on the car car yet? I may not get the car if they are NOT real alpinas, needless to say, I can get you new euro turnsignals from nos from Germany, they are pricey but they are OEM bmw and NEW!,Have have sold over 20 sets before the economy tanked If I get the car slight chance you have first dibs on the signals. Or I can get you new like I mention?

SHAWN

I contacted him I believe yesterday as well, to find out for all of us, no responce either, I am not sure about the add if he "NEED THE MONEY" A prudent person would be checking their emails several times a day or once a day or something? To try to sell it and get the money that they claim to need! since the car look pretty good with options as possible alpina rims, e21 recaro seats european turnsignals, H4, rally headligts and so fort, he should be busy with replies and if he says hope he has the common courtesy to remove the add when and if it sells not to make falses hopes for someone that might want the car?

And if you trying to contact him about a week, then this would make us question the add and the car and honesty of it? I maybe wrong but I am just go by feelings and what is known.

I been parting out my 2002 rusty race car on the forum for months and I been more then honest I try to reply back quickly, I do delivery confirmations and send emails with good contact information. The add doesnt list emails phone numbers or even a name. I admitt I would like to buy the car and get what I want off it and sell it to whoever wants what on the forum. Only thing I may want is the possible alpinas's to have another set anything it will be to help everyone here

SHAWN

Thank you for your input and confirming with all of us and having more reliable sources to reconfirm. That's what I thought from the start, I bet, it is that the person is trying to collect or sell email address and phone number to survey companies or something like or similiar to it? If the person is NOT replying back to NO ONE!! I think everyone should flag it for approperate reasons listed on Craigslist. Or maybe the person is pathetic and just like recieving emails for the fact just to get them? I dont know I could be wrong, but mostlikely NOT! It is just sad for people to play games and give people false hopes.

SHAWN