Larboard

1969 BMW 2002 POR-15 Question

5 posts / 530 viewsLast Reply

Hi all I have a 1969 2002 and I just finished getting all the 43 year old nasty rubber coating off the bottom of the car. I was looking at how many coats of POR-15 I was supposed to do under the car and especially in the wheel wells and I couldn't find anything. Since you good people have real life experience may I request what you think? 1 or 2 coats? Thank you.

Richard

I forget if I did one or two coats of POR-15 for the underbody when I did my race car, but if you are not putting some type of rubberized coating back in the wheel wells to guard against stone chips then I would suggest 2 or three coats there. I did not use any coating, and expect to repaint that area every few years in areas that need it. The area directly behind the front wheel seems to get the most blasting from abrasive debris.

Fred '73tii and '69GT3

Oh shoot, didnt realize you said wheel wells.

Yeah, I would do about three coats, or one coat and rubberized spray.