Clematis

Automatic tii?? Was this ever made?

7 posts / 746 viewsLast Reply

I'm in the process of looking for another 2002, and I came across an automatic car with a tii badge. The post does not have any pictures of the engine.

Did BMW ever make a tii automatic? I looked in the Restoration Guide, but didn't find anything on this. It may be the seller simply swapped in a tii engine, in which case I'll be going over the car very carefully.

I prefer to think that they never made any automatics, period.

I ran across a Chamonix Round light car in Braselton, GA that was originally an automatic (per the VIN) but someone had installed an early 72 tii engine and 4-speed tranny.

Hmmm, automatic Tii? I've got a customer... that used to have one. Haven't seen it in 25 plus years so can't say if it was real or not. Bill Arnold knew of the car as well. Went through a few transmission rebuilds, couldn't keep together very long. Story goes, military doctor ordered it while stationed in Germany..... ;)