Sign in to follow this  
Lowcountry2002

carb leaking

5 posts / 434 viewsLast Reply

Alright, so I just noticed fuel leaking from the carb.

It doesn't appear to leak while the engine is running, but once stopped 4-5 large drops leak out...That can't be good, right?

bmw.jpg[/img]

Easy replacement: get a new one (can be bought separately from a rebuild kit), remove the four screws that hold the pump together and install the new diaphragm.

Problem solved.

cheers

mike

Easy replacement: get a new one (can be bought separately from a rebuild kit), remove the four screws that hold the pump together and install the new diaphragm.

Problem solved.

cheers

mike

Thanks for the reply. Sorry, I'm new to all this...What's it called?

Any recommendations for where to buy this part? Online?

EDIT--Is this it?

http://www.jcwhitney.com/dorman-universal-acceleration-pump-diaphragm/p3051451.jcwx?filterid=d2905y1972g2j1

That looks like the right part. I'd rebuild the whole carb, kits not too expensive and baller908790 just posted a link to a pretty good "how to rebuild" a weber 32/36carb post in a UK Supra website: http://www.bmw2002faq.com/component/option,com_forum/Itemid,50/page,viewtopic/p,970742/sid,bb8f6ddf4946b286f5010bf5c8795e2f/

There are also a number of great posts on weber carb rebuilds, do a site search. I used cd sleeves as a FAQ member suggested to keep all the screws/jets/bits organized and it helped quite a bit putting it back together. Took about an hour. If it's pretty gunked up, you may want to let it soak in carb cleaner overnight.

Thanks very much.

I just got the diaphragm for now, but I've bookmarked the link to the rebuild...I'll definitely do it this winter.

Mike--I just noticed you named the part for me in your subject line--thanks!