LarryE10E20

Any experience with Vredestein tires?

11 posts / 1175 viewsLast Reply

Guten Tag all!

Time for new tires for the tii. I want to keep my 13" wheels, so the pickin's are increasingly slim. Not thrilled with the Korean options. Anyone here ever run Vredestein Quatrac 3's on their 02? Looking for any feedback anyone can offer. Thanks in advance.

dont know specifically about the model BUT Vreds have been a respected tire worldwide for many years now...

quality boots.

Excellent tire Larry, especially good in the rain; a very good all season tire in that 13" tire size; Had Vredestein's on a '74 2002. They are in the $100 each, plus/minus a few price range.

Tim

Just went through a tire search and was told the "3's" are no longer available. Could be true/could be BS. Wound up with Toyo Extensa. Nice ride so far. But I'm not really racing or pushing the "02.

13" tire choices for your 02 is extremely limited. Stock tire size for a E3/E9/E12/E23/E24 & E28 is a H rated 195/70-14 and Tire Rack doesn't even carry a H rated tire in that size. I've gone to 15" rims for my tii and I have a set of old school 15" 5 lug BBS RA rims in my attic when my 14" tires wear out on my E3. Even 14" tire selection (195/60-14) for a E30 wheel for your 02 is getting limited. Tire Rack only carries 10 tires in this size, a couple of years ago, there used to be over 20 tires to choose them. Performance tires in 13" & 14" are going the way of the dinosaur.

G-Man

i recently purchased four Michelin 195/70/13 from Costco for my 2002Ti and they look great and run perfect.

They were 700 bucks mounted and balanced with warranty.

Good luck

Rey

The blackwalls on this model are a little busy but they are a true 165/13 tire and look the part on a stock setup:

165HR13 Vredestein Sprint+ Blackwall ~$84 / Universal Tire Co.

Tire H Speed Rating (130 MPH)

pi_25053.jpeg

Vredestein is not a new kid "for many years now"

but for -=DECADES=-

excellent make.

Vredestein is not a new kid "for many years now"

but for -=DECADES=-

excellent make.

Yep, put a set on my 67 TR4A.........40 years ago.

MFB

.... and on my 1959 VW, 1970 Dodge Demon - always great quality and grip - back then....

euro tire WAS the Tire Rack back in the day

1977EUROtiread.jpg

02WHEELS.jpg