Sign in to follow this  
sprigganf

trunk latch question

6 posts / 951 viewsLast Reply

i have a 1971 2002 bmw and recently somehow i lost a piece to my trunk latch. i forgot what the piece looks like, i even searched a bit on the web and here but nothing helps.

so i figured i'll leave the questions to the pros. :-)

does anyone have or know what piece goes to the end of the lock catch that the key goes in to open the trunk. this part that im missing helps reach the trunk latch back piece witch then causes the latch to open and release the trunk.

hope the pictures help, if not i can take more and post.

also, i have a few parts that are just sitting in the garage im hoping to sell soon. but i'll have to find some time to post that later.

thanks again everyone..

post-20918-13667665241891_thumb.jpg

post-20918-13667665244731_thumb.jpg

post-20918-13667665247472_thumb.jpg

yikes, i just missed it. well, any pictures would be a start for me. im still looking around everywhere.

sad thing is that its now starting to get windy and wet so i had to put something heavy on the trunk so it doesnt fling open. oh well, whatever works for now.

thanks again