Koblenz

2002faq Video idea

23 posts / 1394 viewsLast Reply

It came to me in a Red Stripe moment.

Since we are spread out around the world why not video a drive, on our favorite roads as seen from the 02. Make it a 5 minute narrated or sound tracked production. Got the inspiration from the newly wed and the inka.

I have no problem looking for a camera suitable for this purpose and mailing/shipping from member to member.

Any thoughts pro or con? I would love to see some drives from all over. Places like PR and Australia to named a few.

Btw, what is a good, cheap and mountable vid camera?

I would love to be a part of this, whether filming or putting the video together.

As for a cheap and mountable video camera, I'd recommend a GoPro HD with a suction cup mount.

post thing to youtube for now and link from here. When new software goes in place, we will be able to organize youtube videos a lot better and have individual sections.

steve k.

if this is still going on when my car gets finished up next spring - i'll take you around my favorite road - road atlanta...

Iam in to show the 405 frwy 30mile drive with 700 people on cellphones texting

Good Idea. I second the recommendation for a Go Pro. I think the newest version is the HD Hero 2, which has a mic input. Handy for recording the perfect exhaust note during drives.

Fantastic!

I'll start the hunt for a camera. I see this going on for awhile so if your car is not ready, you still have time. To me any drive,event or roadtrip will suffice.

I think just keep it car focused. We would film, post and forward the camera. Steve, thanks for being on board with it. It could be an archive.

I think this could be pretty good, and the latest GoPro camera would be the one to use. Bonus is it's small and thus easy to ship. One thing though, you should limit the amount of footage each person contributes or you could end up with too much footage to actually edit. Another thing would be to have everyone do one shot from EXACTLY the same position/angle on the car, and you could get something similar to this video. Good luck with it.