skipsfcr

Vintage back to Westbend Memorial Day weekend!!

20 posts / 1153 viewsLast Reply

I have not seen that announcement. Where did you see that? I thought the VIR venue sounded kind of cool

Just got Scott's newest e-mail. VIR woulda been fine but he was going to have it the same weekend Bo does Mid-America. Now I can do both!

I'm stoked! Sorry Marshall and you other trackies but I wasn't going to be able to attend. This rocks!

Same here...I liked the idea of VIR, but I had a conflict that weekend. Memorial Day weekend is good!

Woo Hoo cheap beer in the parking lot, and wine in the grapes!!

Earl

does de-conflict Mid-America and Vintage...

But how is Westbend gonna accomodate 200 cars? They were jammed with just 100 or so the last time it was there...

NY1 have the Vintage web site addy? Lost it when my computer crashed last summer.

mike

In Scott's email he states that the owners have cleared one patch of grapevine adjacent to the farmhouse to provide additional space.

I thought the same Mike, but Scott has always planned a great event, trust him totally.

I can not remember a host hotel for Westbend, is that in the e-mail?

does de-conflict Mid-America and Vintage...

But how is Westbend gonna accomodate 200 cars? They were jammed with just 100 or so the last time it was there...

NY1 have the Vintage web site addy? Lost it when my computer crashed last summer.

mike

not updated yet . . . but here it be: http://atthevintage.com/

the email

IMPORTANT UPDATE ABOUT THE VINTAGE 2013

Good news and bad news

THE BAD NEWS:

The event in 2013 will not be at Virginia International Raceway (VIR) like I had mentioned a couple of months ago. One of the main reasons being that it was going to be a VERY expensive and complicated event to put on and I wasn't feeling comfortable about that. Second reason is that the lodging wasn't as conducive for socializing as it has been the past few years. Third reason was that the only date available for VIR overlapped Mid America 02 Fest.

The people at VIR were great to deal with and I hated to tell them we weren't going to have the event there.

THE GOOD NEWS

The Vintage back at the vineyards!

I just found out a month ago that Westbend Vineyards had taken out a large number of grape vines on the farmhouse side of their property and planted grass. In fact, enough room is available for the event to take place back at Westbend Vineyards. This will be the perfect venue for 2013 because this will mark the 10th anniversary and it will be nice to have it take place back where it all began.

DATES: May 24-26 (Memorial Day weekend)

These dates will NOT change.

LODGING: Hawthorne Inn , rooms $105 plus tax, suites $145 plus tax, Book online and use code 26J6FV. www.hawthorneinn.com

REGISTRATION: will be the same price as last year. I will send out a notice when online registration opens.

TENTATIVE EVENT SCHEDULE:

Thursday night: informal meet-and-greet for those getting in to town early (possibly Salem Tavern in Old Salem)

Friday May 24th: autocross and possibly rally (sorry, no drag strip this year)

Friday night : event registration pick-up , socializing, and Book signing by Rob "the hack mechanic" Siegel (if his book is ready in time for the event)

Saturday May 25th: Group drive from Hawthorne Inn to Westbend Vineyards, Spaten beer garden, Westbend wine, Carolina BBQ by the Butt Bros., vendors, raffle, awards, and more.

Sunday May 26th: Cruise from Flow BMW in Winston-Salem up to VIR for parade laps, lunch, and karting. (I will have to check on several things for Sunday, and will update the event calendar when Sunday's activities are more concrete.)

The Vintage 2013 will be more funner and more awesomer than ever before. If you are one of the event 'regulars' that says "this is the best one yet" each year, you will not want to miss this one.

Please note the event website still has last year's info and has not been updated with this information yet.

See ya in May,

Scott Sturdy - festmeister

Just a noobie Vintage question, but would it be ok to drive up Friday night? And anyone wanna join in that drive from the Triangle area?

Still working out tons of bugs with the little 74, but this will be my first Vintage.

Very excited :D