cxzsaq

Tii vs Stahl header on 72tii - Beating the Dead Horse!!!!

6 posts / 660 viewsLast Reply

Sorry everyone - but I think my situation is slightly different from what has been discussed since 1972...

In have a freshly rebuilt 72tii with about 400 on it so still breaking in (high compression je pistons, stock cam, bored cylinders, etc...). I have installed a tii header, bossal resonator, a supersprint exhaust, 3.91 non-lsd diff, a rebuilt dizzy from advanced distributors and a freshly rebuilt k-fish.

This is NOT a daily driver but also not a track car. Its a street car on warm summer weekend day that I "like to drive hard".

Question is... should I install a Stahl header that i have in the garage or keep the tii header?

I found this but didn't find it relevant to my situation.

http://www.bmw2002faq.com/component/option,com_forum/Itemid,0/page,viewtopic/t,294474/start,0/postdays,0/postorder,asc/highlight,/sid,b7576a5a6a3c9c5b95ba68ea2a42fd44/

I read the link you posted. Seems pretty straight forward that you will probably gain nothing by swapping the Tii manifold for the header. Plus since you own a Tii it seems thet manifold would be more desirable for originality sakes

Stock cam? Keep the stock moanifold.

t

If you decide to part with either one I would be interested and am local!

Thanks. I will hold onto both regardless of my decision.