Rocan

New York City 2002 Owners Club...

33 posts / 2668 viewsLast Reply

Join our Google group!

https://groups.google.com/forum/#!forum/nyc2002club

Well, It doesn't exist yet, so far as I can tell, so I am hereby starting one.

Who's in?

A bit about myself, since I'm new around here (been lurking for a while)...

My name is David. I live in Brooklyn, NY and work over at Cooper Classic Cars in Manhattan (some of you probably have your 02's registered in our film car database!). Clearly, I love classic cars. I own a Yellow '72 Mini overseas, and when I came across this '76 2002 upstate, I couldn't pass it up. I've been hunting for an 02 for a while, and this one finally stood out to me. Partially because of the bright yellow paint job (hey, just like my mini!), and partially because of the price. It needs work but is a really solid car and a great driver.

Now, I know there are a bunch of 02's in the area. I would have emailed a lot of you personally, but I technically shouldn't use the contact info I get from work for things other than its intended business purpose. I say we should get organized and have meets when we can. One of the few things that tops driving an '02 is driving an '02 while surrounded by '02s.

So lets get the wheels rolling. This is a friendly, open group without any fees or mandatory meetups. Post a picture of your car, your location, and name so we can get to know each other!

560974_10151087613971395_227182607_n-1_zpse27a11af.jpg

60696_10151087613911395_1687634452_n-1_zps4496f6b0.jpg

Awesome! Hows the automatic drive?

When are you free for a drive? I plan to be out all weekend figuring out all of the bugs the previous owner missed.

Looks great... Really nice blue.

Keep them coming!

The auto is fine but I will be converting to a manual soon. I'm a high school senior and play football so the weekends are booked until football is over. BTW this is my daily.

Cooper Classics?.....havent they been around for ever?.....very cool.

Im in Westchester.......and know some great roads for us.......good food too!...a group is a great idea.

IMG_1858.jpg

I live in NYC, downtown a little south of Cooper Classics. My turbo has been in the shop for a turbo rebuild going on 3 years now...an odyssey Homer could have written about if he were an automotive journalist.

post-1286-13667665037202_thumb.jpg

We had approx ten guys in the mid 2000s who communicated regularly and others who lurked. Some sold their cars or just busy with life. I will hit you offline with all their email addresses.

I still have my 02 and will come out and play. Good luck to all with your projects. I have a never ending e9 project. It would be nice to drive it one day.

Glad to see you guys representing! Some beautiful cars... especially that turbo!

Yeah, cooper has been around over 35 years now. I interned there over the summer and it led into a part time job... And an awesome one at that!

I'll appreciate the email addresses. I will get a website or google group going once I find the time so that we can all stay connected.

Who's up for a drive this saturday or sunday? I received my plates today so saturday will be the first day I officially drive the car with it registered under my name. I think she deserves a good run down and drive around with some other 02's... I feel like I've rescued an ignored dog.

If you plan on any drives into Westchester or CT I'd be down for joining. I'm out in Fairfield county.

Jeff

btw: Was the Golf Yellow purchased from Paul in Eastchester?

If you plan on any drives into Westchester or CT I'd be down for joining. I'm out in Fairfield county.

Jeff

btw: Was the Golf Yellow purchased from Paul in Eastchester?

YES! Really nice guy. It's not golf yellow far as I can tell. It will be repainted to golf yellow though. I promised him I'd give this car what it deserves, and it deserves a lot.

Are you a friend of Paul's?