patircks02

Cleanable Oil Filters

10 posts / 1200 viewsLast Reply

Has anyone tried this stainless steel cleanable oil filter from K&P engineering? My friend owns a motorcycle with one of these and he recommended I try it. They are not cheap, but they are reusable. And they ought to look cooler than a normal filter.

http://www.kandpengineering.com/S15.shtml

The link is should be the one that fits in the 2002. Do you think it's worth the price?

It's hard to beat paper...

t

Those screen strainers are exactly that. If one is not concerned about of the erosion caused by foreign particles in the oil and only concerned about the chunks (as are racers), then have at it. The micron size of filtered particles is huge with these things compared to a filter. But of course, in America it is more important to look cool.

there is a reason cars don't come with this type of filter from the factory...

buy a good WIX, K&N, MANN or Bosch filter and be done with it.

And they ought to look cooler than a normal filter

Yeah, thats a solid reason...

I bought this System 1 filter in 1998 intending on using it on the VW (remote filter already installed). I still have it - never installed. Anyone interested? Send me an e-mail. I bought it from Gene Berg Enterprises.

IMG_6145.jpg

IMG_6146.jpg

IMG_6147.jpg

IMG_6148.jpg

IMG_6149.jpg

Hi--

I learned to drive on a Peugeot; I also learned how to change (and mess up) a sparkplug on that car, and how to clean a bronze mesh oil filter and a cotton gauze/oil immersed air filter. While Peugeots were winning the Paris-Dakar rallys then, our engines have tighter tolerances (and we use hypoid, not worm, differentials).

Larry