Distributor ID Please!

Guest Anonymous

Guest Anonymous

I have a '74 'tii and I recently learned that I had the wrong distributor on my engine. You see, the engine was from a '72 and so was the injection pump, so, the conventional wisdom was that I had to get myself a mechanical advance distributor. I did and now the car runs great - the Pertonix helps too.

So, I have this distributor with the following part no.: 0 231 168 025. To what vehicle does this belong? Does anyone want it?

Now, there is a lesson to be learned here. I spent almost two years trying to get this car to run right and the biggest problem was this damn distributor. It pays to check all of your ignition and engine components and injector pump to make sure they harmonize.

It has taken me two years to get this car running and it runs like a dream. I have a few more gremlins to chase down and fix, but what then? Will I have to get another one?

Guest Anonymous

Only that year? might be wrong. think the vacuum dizzy you have might be the US one for 74 tiis - although seraching the archives shows some 74tiis have 0231 180 013?

Yours has the vacuum retard on it too?

Glad to hear you changed it to a mechanical and report it is better.

maybe others more knowledgeable can pipe up with model infor on your old vacuum dizzy.

Guest Anonymous

I bought a Pertronix and told the vendor that the car was a '74 'tii and he said that I had a vacuum distributor, which was correct. However, when the Pertronix got here it would not fit. Maybe I should post a photo ...