andrey

cup holders

8 posts / 1093 viewsLast Reply

I put some Nissan Sentra cupholders in this morning:

12%2520-%25201.jpg

12%2520-%25202.jpg

Please excuse the lack of face plate cover (where did I put that? ugh) and horrible carpet, missing under-dash panel, etc.

I also wired the radio aux in cable to a little jack to avoid having a wire just dangling out the side and getting messed up.

looks great! Now what to do with that worthless ashtray....

Worthless, I think not.

Where do you keep your parking meter spare change?

It also works as a sideways G-meter. If you're going hard enough the coins slide around and clink, letting you know its a good road, and your hitting the corners at the right speed :)

Beaner7102

Out here the parking meters all take debit/credit cards...

I though of putting something (like a cup holder!) in place of the ashtray but figured I'd leave well enough alone, it's kind of part of the way the console is supposed to look and even though it's useless, at least the little chrome handle looks kind of cool.

I saw someone, somewhere had integrated an iPod dock to charge and connect to 'whatever'.

Nice integration of the cup holders.

I saw someone, somewhere had integrated an iPod dock to charge and connect to 'whatever'.

Here's how to use a 2002 ash tray as an mp3 player/phone dock.

http://www.bmw2002faq.com/component/option,com_forum/Itemid,0/page,viewtopic/t,318038/start,139/postdays,0/postorder,asc/highlight,/sid,1e751ef3db14c7e947ee796487ba6f3a/

Can also wire aux. power plug to mount in the glove compartment to keep the power wire hidden. Tap power from radio power, ground to heater box stud. Mount to side of glove box, or above with velcro. Neaten up wires with plastic wire loom.

post-18474-13667664956803_thumb.jpg

I got a cup holder out of a Lincoln the other day, but I think I like yours better. Good job!

post-2319-13667664961636_thumb.jpg