Sign in to follow this  
tisalover

Help with 2002 TURBO front brake rebuild.

4 posts / 638 viewsLast Reply

Gents, The my Czech girlfriend calls it "Rotted BMW" is progessing well. Have had Kugelfisher rebuilt and purchased the OEM crate motor, working on the rust and other issues. The Turbo brake calipers are reportedly same as 2500/2800/Bavaria/3.ocs, Has anyone rebuilt a set and would you happen to have the rebuild kit part number? Is there a part number/swap for the ventilated rotors? Thanks- I am trying to resurrect this beast in relatively short order. sincerely, Peter

post-19203-13667664946515_thumb.jpg

post-19203-13667664947738_thumb.jpg

post-19203-13667664948899_thumb.jpg

post-19203-13667664950099_thumb.jpg

Guest Anonymous

Same as 3.0 but you need to swap sides. ie: Left of 3.0 goes to right side of Turbo. I had my rebuild recently.

Guest Anonymous

Same as 3.0 but you need to swap sides. ie: Left of 3.0 goes to right side of Turbo. I had my rebuild recently.

Hello,

Is that a true turbo?

Also a turbo crate engine? Good for you!!

The turbo caliper piston seals should be the same tii diameters for the caliper seals for rebuilding. Disc rotors can be reduced to tii spec if you change the turbo hubs which have a wider to outside track offset than tii hubs to clear the wider turbo calipers.

Solution would be rebuild calipers, or obtain a pair of turbo specific calipers with the spacer in the middle of the tii type halves and a pair of new turbo specific rotors. the 320i rear brakes are the fit for the rear with turbo unique e-brake cables.

Good luck!