Sign in to follow this  
mikeb

72 2002 Parts Car Durham, NC

11 posts / 1128 viewsLast Reply

I bought this car with the intention of parting it. I took off the parts I wanted (a/c, long exhaust header, turbo 3 gauge cluster) and figured I would first offer the whole car in its current condition.

The story I was told when purchasing it was that someone started restoring it in the early 90s and removed all the trim and then left it sit to rot, and rot it did. The fenders are gone, the doors are gone, the hood and trunk lid may be salvageable but I doubt it. The car was last registered in '92 and I have the title for it, not that I think you are going to restore and register this car. That being said, most, if not all, of the trim is in the trunk along with the lights. The chrome bumpers have some surface rust but are in fairly decent condition. The car isn't dry, but the underside is better than a lot of cars I have seen. The pedal box is rotten to the core. I put a battery in the car and the motor did turn. The car has bilsteins in the rear, can't tell in the front. It had some odd mods when I bought it ... 32/36 and a header but stock exhaust. It also had a turbo three gauge cluster which has been removed but I would consider selling separately.

I would like $450 or best offer for the car including the bumpers. I will also happily accept full or partial trades or trades that include cash on my end for interesting parts. Interesting parts include, but are not limited to, twin carb parts (carbs, linkage, stacks, filters, ...), m42 parts (afm, coil pack, header, shifter, ...) bbs rs parts, rear coilover parts, limited slip, getrag 245, strut bars, sway bars, becker chrome faced radio, beer ... I am open to trade. Let me know what you have. If no one tasks the whole thing I will cut it up and sell off parts people want.

Here is a pic to get your interest:

DSC03787.JPG

Here are the rest of the pics I took:

https://picasaweb.google.com/115217804738465448127/1972BMW2002PartsCar?authuser=0&feat=directlink

sorry didn't see where you only wanted to sell the whole car...not interested in the whole car just looking for some good daily driver lenses for the rear of my 73. PO put the wrong size bulbs in mine and melted spots in them. Thanks anyway, if you do part it out let me know I'm in Greensboro area

If anyone else local interested in buying this as a group and digging into it for parts, I'd be good with kicking in for it. I'm in Summerfield, NC just north of Greensboro and live on what Real Estate types have taken to calling a "mini-farm", so it would have a home where it could get harvested for parts. Anyone game?

Kevin mkcos at earthlinkdotnet 336.508.7526