AceAndrew

Your kid and 2002 pics

68 posts / 7521 viewsLast Reply

Haven't seen this kind of thread pop up around here yet. I know there are plenty of us on here that are parents and harbor secret hopes of sharing a greasy wrench with one of our own.   Then there are others who have realized that dream. Here's a tribute to passing on the passion.

My son Rowan. He loves being in the 2002, sits in the driver's seat and rows through the gears until he finds something else worth poking.

IMG_5470.jpg

Edited by AceAndrew

Excellent, get 'em started when they are young.

One of my college classmates bought a new '74 when he graduated. Many years later his son was driving it.

Cheers,

Carl

I've posted these before, but here they are again:

Circa 1986, with my '73 tii

1933_1083764410493_1117837646_285459_5170_n.jpg

This one I think was around 2001 or so, with my Schwarz '76.

20677_1293129724495_1117837646_952185_2459498_n.jpg

Dad and I, Age 3, circa 1998.

Little-2002.jpg

Me, age 16, changing transmission mount.

Workingon-02.jpg

Me, age 17, after changing transmission.

transmissionchanged.jpg

Dad and I, with the 2002, age 17.

Dad-And-Me-02.jpg

And I still haven't been taught to drive stick :( Someone wanna teach me so I can rip the wretched autotragic out of my turbo volvo? :P

Great pics! A few years ago, I had some friends over for dinner one night and their young son wanted to sit in my tii. He was having fun with the steering wheel, shifter and buttons while I talked with his father in the garage. A few days later, we had a large snow storm so I opened the garage, did some shoveling and later started the tii. I walked to the front of the garage and noticed a sharp burning smell and noticed the driving lights were on (covers were still on). The little boy had pressed the fog light button in the console while he was messing around. Glad I turned them off before the covers melted.

When my niece turned 16, I took her for a drive in my tii. She wasn't impressed by the "old" car, asked about ABS and airbags constantly and was glad the seat belts actually worked.

Get them involved while they are young!!

Here is my daughter and our M2 back in 2002. She loved the 2002, and called it the "bumpy blue car" because of it's stiff track suspension. She later learned to weld, and has helped me work on the car over the years. 2002_Claire.jpg

My now 23 year-old son Tim on the way back from Rob Torres' 2002 SLO event. Could have turned out to have been a very tragic day, but somehow didn't. After a lot of luck and hard braking, we ended up with the nose of the Targa under the trailer (of a tractor trailer) that was taking up more than his share of a tight blind curve on PCH 1. My windshield was about 2 feet from the trailer frame when everyone finally came to a stop. I thought the experience had traumatized Tim for life, but his only immediate reaction was an excited "Wow!". Kids...

post-85-13667664965478_thumb.jpg