breaking and acceleration . First weak link in a race m 10 is the rockers

second is bearing failure from oil starvation. this pan fixes that. 350.00

weberfloathight005.jpg

weberfloathight004.jpg

weberfloathight006.jpg

weberfloathight007.jpg

No not with out some modification the oil pump is different and I have heard

or read on here it will not clear.

correct. 02 M10 oil pickup is from back of the pan. to use this on m10 would need to modify oil pump by using pckup from s14.

this is decent alternative to stock 02 pan if you are doing an s14 conversion.

On 9/29/2012 at 6:40 PM, mlytle said:

correct. 02 M10 oil pickup is from back of the pan. to use this on m10 would need to modify oil pump by using pckup from s14.

this is decent alternative to stock 02 pan if you are doing an s14 conversion.

Marshall,

Is this still a viable alternative to a Massive or VAC pan for my S14 swap? I have a new e21 oil pump and obviously the S14 upper and lower pans plus the S14 pump. I have seen several threads with people saying that they used a m10 oil pan but what does not make sense is that the upper S14 oil pan has bolt holes in it that the 265 attached to. If you use this pan or the M10 pan your 245 only attached to the block by the top bolt holes. I'd prefer not to spend a grand on an oil pan if there is another worthwhile and safe option. 

Thanks, 

Ryan '72 Verona

(edited)

attaching trans to s14 not different than attaching trans to m10.   it is the same block.

this korman pan could still be alternative.  but using something with an s14 upper pan does allow the use of the lower mounting bolts and piece.

that said...i would NOT use a stock m10 pan on an s14.  especially since you said you were going to take the car to the track.  even baffled, not as good/don't hold enough oil.  i have a baffled m10 oil pan that came on the s14 i have.  removed it immediately for the massive version.  the only application for an m10 pan on an S14 is one of those "cars and coffee" winning 2002's with S14s in them for show.

you spend a ton of money on a rare engine.  if you are going to actually drive the thing like it should be, don't cheap out on the oil pan and risk it.....do it right.

Edited by mlytle