1600-2

Guest Anonymous

Guest Anonymous

Well, last summer I got a 1600-2 with a salvaged title for free which was a good thing but it keeps getting better and better. The hood has the cool dimpled trim on the leading edge and I was fussing with the motor the other day thinking about possibly getting the car running and on the road and I noticed an interesting marking on the head E21. hmmm. that had me pause for thought. does my 1600-2 have a 2L M10? well I looked in my 2002 book and it said that 2002 motors had a 40mm solex and that 1600 motors had a 36mm solex and sho-nuf there was a 40mm solexs on the motor along with the E21 head. Is the E21 head from a 75-76 motor? the car still has the cable clutch. but it is very nice and original besides the 12v retrofit. the only problem is it came with no keys and the trucnk is locked.

Guest Anonymous

You can remove the ignition switch from the back of the tumbler assembly pretty easily. Then just start it using a screwdriver in the switch itself.