Nicad

Photos of Stereos

30 posts / 3930 viewsLast Reply

Anyone have a link that might have some photos of stereos in 2002's? I want to make it look period correct and am contemplating a Becker Europa or Older Blaupunkt that might have come stock in 72'. I'd also like to incorporate a couple of gauges if possible.

Anyway, any leads appreciated.

I went with the Becker Mexico (as it has the cassette feature) and had it adapted for MP3 input. Also bought the Becker balance control as I have four speakers (two on the parcel shelf, and two in the kick panels). I intend to install it this fall. In the meantime, here is another forum member's Becker Europa install from another thread on this site.

9jobw6.png

WP_001932_zpsa4f5ea44.jpg

WP_002344_zpscbc99fab.jpg

WP_002345_zps494421dd.jpg

WP_002034.jpg

I made small metal panels that held speakers under the dash and a panel at the rear window tray that was covered in speaker fabric so none of the speakers are visible.

I have 2 amps under the rear seat. I have a mini jack to RCA adapter that runs from my phone directly to the amps. I have no head unit/cd player. I can stream radio stations or listen to MP3's on my phone and no one would ever know there was a stereo in my car.

I went with the Becker Mexico (as it has the cassette feature) and had it adapted for MP3 input. Also bought the Becker balance control as I have four speakers (two on the parcel shelf, and two in the kick panels). I intend to install it this fall. In the meantime, here is another forum member's Becker Europa install from another thread on this site.

9jobw6.png

That looks like an early picture of my tii.

Becker Europa II radio with fader in Behr console. Bimmer Parts carpet kit, flexible shift boot, et al.

The other thing to consider as between a Becker Europa and a Becker Mexico is that the Mexico has a separate amplifier box that needs to be mounted as well. The recommended location is on the inside of the firewall behind the glove box, and it comes with a special mounting bracket.

Here's the complete Mexico package, with the separate amp and separate MP3 jack sitting on top of the radio, although they are by no means attached (except via a cable). Only thing missing from this photo is the separate fader control knob/assembly (also connected by cable leading from the radio/amp to the speakers).

335a1dt.png

The other thing to consider as between a Becker Europa and a Becker Mexico is that the Mexico has a separate amplifier box that needs to be mounted as well. The recommended location is on the inside of the firewall behind the glove box, and it comes with a special mounting bracket.

Here's the complete Mexico package, with the separate amp and separate MP3 jack sitting on top of the radio, although it is by no means attached (except via a cable). Only thing missing from this photo is the separate fader control knob/assembly (also connected by cable leading from the radio/amp to the speakers.

335a1dt.png

My Europa II had a separate amplifier box installed behind/above the glove box.

pics102608032.jpg

41a945f1.jpg

;-)

Nice carbon fiber 'woofer' you got there, Ray. I hear you - I also do lotsa driving listening to that stereo under the hood.

My own set-up = Non-vintage knob-less touchpanel head unit, VDO Vision gauges in a Parker console face, Boston Acoustic component speakers in custom glas enclosures, and an external amp mounted under the drivers seat.

My02-Dash.jpg

Shh....

http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v355/raykoke/brakes/?action=view&current=MVI_0919.mp4

;-)

Ray

;-)

Nice carbon fiber 'woofer' you got there, Ray. I hear you - I also do lotsa driving listening to that stereo under the hood.

My own set-up = Non-vintage knob-less touchpanel head unit, VDO Vision gauges in a Parker console face, Boston Acoustic component speakers in custom glas enclosures, and an external amp mounted under the drivers seat.

My02-Dash.jpg