Sign in to follow this  
Catman

Eagle Machine ? Any one in Atlanta area used them?

11 posts / 882 viewsLast Reply

I just got off the phone with Don @ Eagle Machine up by Road Atlanta. They sound like they have it together on this 2002 machine work. Has any one else done buisness with them ?

Catman

I just got off the phone with Don @ Eagle Machine up by Road Atlanta. They sound like they have it together on this 2002 machine work. Has any one else done buisness with them ?

Catman

there's nothing rocket science about an 02 engine.

"Not rocket science" Just take it to the lawnmower repair shop.

Nice, that's a big help.

"Not rocket science" Just take it to the lawnmower repair shop.

Nice, that's a big help.

not rocket science in that the motor is 40 years old. There's no magic timing chain fixtures, hard to cut heads, no piston to wall clearance subaru stuff, VR6 style offset fixtures for blocks etc. It's old easy peasy machine work. Simple simon stuff. If they can't do an 02 motor they shouldn't be in business.

Second.

no one on here actually measures anything coming back from a machine shop so if the guy looks competent, does the work on time, gives you back a piece of shiny metal and a good story about all that he did then you'll talk about what a wonderful craftsman he is, oblivious to whether it's actually good work.

So yes. you could probably take it to a local lawn mower repair shop and as long as it was shiny and running, you'd be happy and talk about what a deal you got although my local lawn mower shop bills at $75/hr so I don't know if there's a cost savings going there any more.

You see! Ask a stupid question you get a stupid answer.You should change your handle to old fart.

I dont even have a lawn mower machine shop in my neck of the woods so I have to ask.The ones that are close by dont see many imports.Let alone 40 tear old ones.

I am an old guy and you couldn't hang with my group.Infact you should limit your responses if you cant think before you speak.So many of the old guys are just awnry' old men.

Funny, the last shop I had do any machine work was a shop that specializes in fork lift motors. In their yellow page ad it says "your specialty/high performance project is our interest".

Don't forget your timing chain cover!

John

Ummm sarcasm! I was commenting on the posted flippant response to a reasonable post on a reliable shop that may be familiar with m10 engines. Which by the way is a totally legitimate question.

My old shop teacher told me that ' there is no such thing as a stupid question. Thanks for the levity this am.I reall do want some one who knows stuf like the timing chain cover for instance to do the work on this,

From what I understand was an engine ahead of its time 40 yrs ago.

Eagle tells me they pressure test the head because corrosion in the head bolt holes from antifreeze if head gasket failure - causes fractures lines.My shop in Columbus has been in busness I believe sence the horse and buggy days does not know this.They do however do machine work on all of Columbus Ga's many forms of automotive meat and potatoes to racing engines .But have not done a 1974 2002 motor sense they can remember.

They have 2 of my big block mopars down there getting the full treatment of balancing and soforth and are well respected.I would like some special help on this because I'm not the type to say " thank you sir - may I have another.

I am an old guy and you couldn't hang with my group.

I know. I can't stand to be around know it all wanna be drag racer clowns.