Sign in to follow this  
Catman

Trusted machine shop in Atlanta ?

4 posts / 477 viewsLast Reply

I started the tear down on my 74 and got the head off.I used to use Barnett Performance in Atlanta. They were great.They closed the machine shop side years ago.I have 2 motors in Columbus at Benning Automotive Machine - Mopar stuff.They do everything but the guys havent touched a M10 motor .At least the ones on board now.They do all the newer BMW stuf and are more then qualified. But I would like to have some one do the work who is current on these things. Knows them inside out. So does anyone in my area ( West central Georgia ) know of a shop in Atlanta metro that they trust? I am going through the whole thing.

New pistons-valve train-rockers incl.Cam TBD but some where in lift and dur. to support the 2 - 45dcoe type nines a have.I hear that is somewhere north of 295- plus headers of course.The rest of the car is sussed.Ive had 2 years now and knew this time would come.

Thanks for the input

Catman

post-20261-13667664483597_thumb.jpg

post-20261-13667664484855_thumb.jpg

post-20261-13667664485955_thumb.jpg

post-20261-13667664487039_thumb.jpg

post-20261-13667664488173_thumb.jpg

Try Slack Auto Parts in Gainesville. They balanced my rotating assembly for the stroker M10 in this. Engine came out pretty nicely.

post-22059-13667664507998_thumb.jpg

Heritage says Grimes and they let Eagle do the BMW stuf. So I talked to Don Langley there yesterday. They sound like they have done more than a few.It is however about 100 miles from here. One way but I have gone futher for somethings.

Thanks for chimming in- Catman