02Coastie

Malaga At Alameda Classic Paint & Auto Body?

7 posts / 698 viewsLast Reply

I saw an '02 with what appeared to be a fresh Malaga paint job at Alameda Classic Paint & Auto Body. Does it belong to anyone here on the board? This makes 2 02's that I know of that have gone through there with pretty solid results. I'm thinking of having mine resprayed in the near future and would like to get some feedback on their work.

Thanks!

-Lloyd

I just got Malaga paint and was in.Alameda on Saturday I wasn't at a shop.though . was that when you spotted the car?

The car I saw had its windshield out and was at the above body shop on Clement Ave. Was that you?

oh no that's not my car. I'm running around town.

it might been a one-time occurrence but the guy who painted my car said Malaga is a hard color to.get right and he had a hard time making it stick. we even used glasurit paint .

check with united auto body in Burlingame for their.pricing too.

Yeah, I stopped by last night and met the owner of the shop. It's a TII and it looks like they've done a real nice job with it. It was closing time so I didn't get a quote yet, but from the looks of it, plan to. Tom, if your customer doesn't mind, can you forward him my contact info (I'll email it to you). I'd like to get an idea of cost and see what his thoughts are when it's all said and done.

Thanks!

-Lloyd

Sure thing.

I recall a number around 4.5-5.5K. There was some rust work around the rear qtr windows, mainly just a scuff and spray, think cheap single stage paint as well. It's back in for some heavy drip work at the base of the windshield among other areas that were just plain wrong. I had popped down there to pull the sunroof and got to see and point out some other necessary work. Then got to see it after paint and pointed out the drip runs etc.....