• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

02 Vintage Race Car project, Heidegger replica

pkuchay

Hi Mich02,

I have been amazed at all of the Youtube footage of the Vintage LeMan's this year and have been able to see the car in a couple of clips. If you have any engine compartment or trunk photo's it would be very helpful! Also there is a web page that has a tremendous number of photo's of the car in action on the track.

http://www.lemansphotos.com/74-bmw-2002-heidegger-1975/vehicule/EN-Key-125892-1,event-year-2012-le-mans-classic-2012-plateau-6.html

Kind regards,

Paul

1973 2002 M2 - sold and in Florida

1967 Porsche 911S vintage race car "Ugly Duck" - Sold and staying in Denver

1972 BMW 2002 FIA Gp 2 Replica

Hi Paul,

Here are a few:

P1050470.jpg

P1050472.jpg

P1050473.jpg

P1050475.jpg

P1050476.jpg

And the owner (in white on the the left) and on the right Engels.

P1050471.jpg

And our rides ;) The e9 (2800cs with 3,5 m30) is mine and the e12 (type 1 e12)is of a friend:

P1050391.jpg

I can't find any pics of the trunk. If you need them I can ask Tim.

These are fantastic!!!!!! Yes, if you could email and get a few pictures of the trunk it would be sincerely appreciated!

The original car came with an M12/6 motor which are not available or affordable. This is why I searched for an engine builder who could build up an M-10 motor to the desired horsepower of around 300HP. He keeps a lot of secrets, however, will verify results on dyno prior to shipping to me. We will be moving the distributor to the front of the motor and running the fuel injection pump off the back of the motor. We will also more than likely swapping out the stock distributor for something more robust above 7,000 rpm.

Guest Anonymous

270 hp from a SOHC with dual webers? He must be running the compression at 40:1. 270 hp is the kind of number a twin cam motor produces......

www.alpinabmw2002.com

• 3 weeks later...

http://www.flickr.com/photos/29110923@N05/collections/72157632219478419/

There are some updated photo's here for your Holiday pleasure. Project is going to take a bit longer than I'd like but I would think 2014 will be realistic.

• 2 years later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Markmac,

I don't want to speak for the OP but I don't think he ever contracted on the engine build...

I was hoping he would as I was hoping to share r&ad costs with his project for an intake manifold for my own. In the last couple of years Paul Burke (the engine guru) has had some health issues and closed his shop and is no longer building complete engines. My stroker turbo M10 is the last he is building and I've been waiting like 2+ years for that one... I think you can still order Paul Burke pistons and camshafts from performancepartsracing.com though.

I'm curious too to see how this all came together!

Aaron

Walter: You want a toe? I can get you a toe, believe me. There are ways, Dude. You don't wanna know about it, believe me. I'll get you a toe by this afternoon--with nail polish...

• 5 months later...

Many moves and distractions over the last two years. I am in the process of finishing a 912/6 3.6 that I want to use to finance the race car project. Sorry for the tangent!

• Like 1

• 2 years later...

What happened to this project? How on earth would you ever flow 330hp thru an M10 head??? My S14 2.3 race engine with slide throttle produces 315hp at 9000 rpm, a 4-valve modern race engine. Of course a 60’s technology 8-valve is better...

1962 BMW 3200CS resto project

1971 BMW 2002ti M2 race car

1974 BMW 2002tii ALPINA race car

1973 BMW 3.0 CSI resto project..

• 5 years later...