Sign in to follow this  
jgerock

Manassas Museum car show today pics

6 posts / 1059 viewsLast Reply

My co-worker (Ford nut) and his wife worked a show at the Manassas Museum today and some additional co-workers from my department showed up to support them. My installation contractor and his wife from Seaford, DE brought (2) of their cars down/over. A recently completed '68 Camaro RS with 427 and '69 Chevelle SS. I drove the tii and parked downtown and just walked around enjoying the cars. Not 1 BMW at this show. A couple VW's, MG's, 1 Porsche 356 and even a '79 Honda Civic showed up for judging. This has typically been an American car show (37th year).

Here are a few pictures.

Last years award winning GTO

DSC_1420.jpg

DSC_1430.jpg

DSC_1427.jpg

DSC_1426.jpg

DSC_1433.jpg

DSC_1415.jpg

DSC_1399.jpg

DSC_1398.jpg

DSC_1397.jpg

DSC_1396.jpg

DSC_1401.jpg

DSC_1404.jpg

DSC_1402.jpg

DSC_1405.jpg

DSC_1392.jpg

DSC_1395.jpg

DSC_1436.jpg

DSC_1416.jpg

DSC_1417.jpg

DSC_1414.jpg

DSC_1418.jpg

Harv - I spotted this in the parking garage while leaving

DSC_1443.jpg

Nothing like classic American muscle cars; small car show today in my neighborhood; arts festival weekend and not even 10 cars at this small car show but free coffee/ donuts/hot dogs/; driving by I saw a beautiful 60's Ford Galaxy, Dodge Charger, 60's Camaro, 60's Chevy Impala, and there was an 80's BMW 6er, looked like a 635csi

My first car was a 55 Chevy Bel Air (sports coupe, no b pillar), turq and white. I paid 300. for it at Johnny Rebel Motors in Tampa. I made the money myself working as a bag boy at the MacDill AFB commissary.

I was 14 and had no DL. At night I would, with the help of other deserving deliquents push it down the street and start it so as not to wake my parents. We would head out to "mingle" with the likes of these cars posted.

Thanks for sharing pics of old friends.

I HAVE HAD A WEIRD WEEKEND .

ON FRIDAY I SAW A MODEL T FORD AT THE CHICK-FIL-A DRIVE THRU .

ON SATURDAY I SAW ANOTHER MODEL T ON US-1 .

THIS MORNING I SAW ANOTHER MODEL T ON DOWNTOWN BLVD. IN RALEIGH .

I HAVE NOT SEEN A MODEL T ON THE ROAD IN YEARS AND NOW

I SEE THREE DIFFERENT CARS IN THREE DAYS .

THERE MUST BE A CONVENTION IN TOWN .

The AACA and Ford clubs hold this event each year. One of the highlights is a group of club members are timed to fully assemble, fill with fluids, start up and drive the Model T in my pics. I think the young lady doing the timing said it was about about 15 minutes. The gentleman on the ladder narrates the action and provides some FAQ's. After it runs and drives, they tear it all down again for the next "showing" which was about every 2-3 hours on the same day.

They were selling some good BBQ at this event! I bought a BBQ sandwich with slaw (on the sandwich of course) and a Coke for $ 4.50. You got your choice of VA or NC style BBQ - I got the NC (vinegar). First bite was eye-opening.