Sign in to follow this  
FunElan

Feeler: Complete Solex PHH setup

16 posts / 1516 viewsLast Reply

So this is really a feeler post to see if there's interest in these, I haven't really decided if I should plunge down the commitment to use them on my 02 or not.The whole setup is from a 2000CS, so the jets should be correct for a 2002 (keyword:should). The carbs are a little dirty and could use a cleaning, and probably a change of gaskets (i.e.-rebuild). At the moment I'm not even in the same state as the carbs, let alone brave enough to tear them apart. I also have some linkage pieces, including a long rod with a ball on it ( I assume throttle linkage?). Also a black airbox with remnants of a 2000cs decal on it.

Any interest in this?

Guest Anonymous

how much for the whole set up

So I still have these. I was thinking of putting them on ebay but I feel like it'd be easier to offer them here first.

(2) Solex PHH40 carbs-I would rebuild them if I were you. The shafts seem like they move freely, but I can check other things for anyone.

(2) Manifolds

Linkage- I find two pieces, one is a rod with a ball on the end, and the other is a bracket looking thing

Airbox- This is how I knew the kit was from a 2000CS, because it has a little of the "2000CS" decal left on it- like this http://tinyurl.com/b22ne9m).

Obviously it'd be easier to sell this to someone local, but I can ship it at buyers' expense.

So I still have these. I was thinking of putting them on ebay but I feel like it'd be easier to offer them here first.

(2) Solex PHH40 carbs-I would rebuild them if I were you. The shafts seem like they move freely, but I can check other things for anyone.

(2) Manifolds

Linkage- I find two pieces, one is a rod with a ball on the end, and the other is a bracket looking thing

Airbox- This is how I knew the kit was from a 2000CS, because it has a little of the "2000CS" decal left on it- like this http://tinyurl.com/b22ne9m).

Obviously it'd be easier to sell this to someone local, but I can ship it at buyers' expense.

Guest Anonymous

Hey Bro i'm interested, shoot me an email with a price

(2) Manifolds

can you email me some photos?

All linkage up to the carbs will not work on the 02. You will need the specific 1600ti or 2002ti linkage specific to the 02 series. Furthermore, the Airbox used on the 2000CS or other New Klasse variants such as the 1800ti or 2000ti is diffrent from the 1600ti and 2002ti airbox which is shorter, has a cut-out under the box to make room for the ti booster, and has the 4 tubes, on which the baffles mount, exiting the box at an angle along both the the X and Y axis (2 angles). The 2000CS box is nearly an impossible fit on the 02 without a lot of modification / fabrication. The Solex PHH carbs are not friendly to reconfiguration when it comes to jets and especially the Venturis/chokes. To replace the Venturis, the carbs must be completely diassembled. Most of the PHH carbs have bad bushings and need to be rebushed. Tuning and adjusting is more complicfated than Weber DCOE's. You'll be lucky to get a smoothe idle at 1,100rpm, antything below that is nearly impossible unless you rebush the shafts. I've seen many airboxes sell for about $100.000 while used carbs with old bushings are not worth more than $150.00 in my opinion. I would keep everything together as a set and sell it to a 2000CS owner. I like the Solex PHH carbs, but they require a lot of attention and work. There is a place in Germany that sells completely refurbished sets. You might want to research the web and look into their prices.

Slavs

Guest Anonymous

how muc h for the whole setup and just for the cs air box 562343 8321