Hellrot.

Bad luck on honeymoon

7 posts / 726 viewsLast Reply

Not sure who read my previous post showing our 2002 as our wedding getaway car, but we had been touring around in it for our honeymoon.

Last night we stayed at a nearby resort and came out to this:

5CF5DFED-1D76-4203-B0F4-DA391BFADDA7-2137-0000019A22BCE89E.jpg

I live in Canada. Anyone know of a good place to order a replacement window?

Some people can be real assholes. Even with the "newlyweds" front plate.

Post a "want to buy" plea in the Parts Wanted section. Check to see if you have clear or tinted glass.

Was anything stolen/disturbed?

Ugh. What a jerk! Did they take anything? I usually leave my '02 unlocked for this very reason, though with my luck someone would smash the window without even trying the door. Sorry, but I'm no help on sourcing glass north of the border. I hope you can get it fixed quickly and without any worse than a story to tell.

-Dave

Ow, where are you in Canada? I know of '02ers in the Toronto and Vancouver areas that might have extra windows.

vince

Several years ago the driver's window on my '73 shattered--parked in my driveway, in the shade and facing away from any street--that part of my driveway is in my back yard, and is screened from all directions facing streets.

Most of the glass was on the ground, not in the car, and I didn't find an errant baseball, rock, meteorite, alien spaceship etc inside (or outside) the car. It just shattered.

Tempered glass sometimes just does that. GM had a problem with tempered backlights on their early 50s cars--my uncle had three rear windows shatter on his new 52 Buick in a period of three months.

Since your glass appears to be tinted, finding a replacement should be easy, even in Canada.

cheers

mike