LimeySteve

Square tail to Roundtail for my TiK tribute hybrid car

8 posts / 1530 viewsLast Reply

I decided to build my hybrid powered beast in TiK colors & as we know they were round tail factory turbo race cars. 1 problem my project is a squaretail!Luckily I got a round tail from Ken Blasko , a cut off wheel & a welder (I did silver solder the top joints ), the rest is history. For those offended by the wing I have a good original trunk lid that will go on when she's painted .

2012-09-01124415.jpg

2012-09-01125420.jpg

2012-09-01132639.jpg

2012-09-01171154.jpg

2012-09-05195330.jpg

sick..............................is'the engine is all worked out?

For those offended by the wing I have a good original trunk lid that will go on when she's painted

I'm not a wing on an old car fan, but man that looks cool. Its got a rat rod look. I like it. Nice job making it a roundie too

Holy great job! And it seems like it took no time at all. I wish I could get the roof replaced on my pontiac that fast. Nice work!

Cheers , it was not too bad as I kept the inner seams on both panels & welded the vertical from inside, then the lower edge over 2 sessions, the top I soldered as original,that way I still have the open seam showing ala original . I have filled the pig cheeks back in with 'glass & blending the lower edge into the flares .

On the engine it is better but I'm waiting for the guy on the East Coast to tune it via the laptop , time for both of us is at a premium.

I hope to see this in october......gluck with the mapping

Very cool..two pictures, and it's a roundie! ha! I'm so sad that I won't be able to make the SoCal vintage this year....it's the only thing that's been motivating me to finish my car....damn. The one week move up put me out of town..

We are the opposite the week change put me in town !! I hope to get the mapping done & take both my cars , time will tell. The panel change did not take too long & I much prefer the look , especially with the TiK paint job .