DavidLMM

early dash parts on Hemmings

7 posts / 572 viewsLast Reply

From the ad on Hemmings:

This owner worked at Fermi Lab and was quite the ambitious mechanic. The car was then taken apart. The transmission was rebuilt. The motor was completed however, the car was never put back together. I purchased this assortment in 2005. The rest is history.

Hmmm... I work at Fermilab, I consider myself a decent mechanic and I also have a 2002 that I've taken apart and never put back together (yet).

History repeating itself? Weird.

Is the price $1750 ?? for interior parts ? am I missing something like "complete car included " ?

I bought a new 3 piece dash from BMW through Blunt for less than that. Will post pics soon

I bought a new 3 piece dash from BMW through Blunt for less than that. Will post pics soon

Uh - when was that?? Didn't know they were still available new - thought only the one-piece ones were.

Uh - when was that?? Didn't know they were still available new - thought only the one-piece ones were.

About a month ago. There were a few available I recall. It's the type with the chrome trim pieces.

as of a few months ago, the new 1 piece wasn't availble either (shown as available but not), which is why I sold one I had, to a friend.