Horribly off topic BBQ question.....

Guest Anonymous

Guest Anonymous

DSCF00081.JPG

URL: http://www.zeebuck.com/02bc/index.htm

So, I rebuilt my BBQ today, and now I have a problem. I installed a new burner, cleaned the grilles, installed new start button, and painted the whole works with BBQ paint. Final step was putting down a layer of fresh briquettes. I put em in, fired the baby up, and proceeded to burn a hot dog in about 12 seconds! Now, and hour after I shut it down, the briquettes are ash, and still smoldering hot. What the hell did I do wrong? Is there different kinds of briquettes? Did I put too many in? What the hell is going on here? I've got a bunch of hungry 02ers coming for a BBQ tomorrow, and the grille is too damn hot! HELP!

Al

Guest Anonymous

DSCF00081.JPG

URL: http://www.zeebuck.com/02bc/index.htm

It had charcoal in it when I got the BBQ, so I replaced it with fresh stuff. Is this wrong? I received this BBQ second hand a couple years ago, but I've never used it. It's a typical "Broil King", dual knob, propane grille. I thought it seemed odd that it had charcoal in it, but it did, so I replaced it. Should I just dump out the ash, and cook with straight gas?

Al

Guest Anonymous

centre) and buy either Lava rock or _ceramic_ briquettes to put in the bottom of your grill.

You should be grateful you're not a Newfie, we'd really have to let you have it :-)

Cheers!

John N

Guest Anonymous

standard.jpg

Whew... am I glad you are a new guy to the BBQ Board, or we would have completely run through our stock of Kittens and puppies for the sin of putting charcoal into a propane gas grill that requires volcanic ROCKS to absorb heat, look neat, cook food evenly, and dissipate heat when source turned off. You go get yourself some BBQ rocks and spread 'em around real nice -like, and you will be in business for your hungry 02 meat eaters! your punishment( not really) is to watch 10 episodes of King of the Hill to learn more about BBQ-ing and propane in general.///