shifter vibrations when on gas

Guest Anonymous

Guest Anonymous

dogs.jpg

search the archives so my guys above are safe!

I have a vibration in my shifter when on gas. Disapears when off of the gas. Car has a close ratio transmission. Is this a bushing issue or something more ominous?

Also are the shifter bushings standard on all 2002 transmissions? Car is CR 5 spd with screw on knob if this helps.

Guest Anonymous

I have no idea but I have been told by a fella at a german car repair that my old car was doing that due to that drive shaft alignment. The y guy was kinda a snob about it actually. I never found out if that was the case or not as the car was totalled soon after that.

Guest Anonymous

The whole platform can be loose if the bolts become loose; the shifter mechanism can have slop in the connections; the ball at the base of the shift lever can be loose- there are shims available to tighten it up; and there are bushings inside the shift lever itself that isolate the outer portion of the lever from the inner shaft. If the bushings in the shift lever are loose, it really become noisy because the outer part amplifies the noise.

Chris B.

'73 ex-Malaga