WOT: did a little work on a Z8 this morning....

Guest Anonymous

Guest Anonymous

VERY different looking car in person... UNBELIEVABLE torque and responsiveness at lo RPM... my Master guy im paired with got it a little sideways in the third-floor garage where we were tweaking it. Its tight up there and he just placed it exactly where he wanted it. anyways, also replaced a shifter in a new ///M3 SMG, some other cool stuff as well... yah life is good at the new jahb!! ;)

-Rob

Guest Anonymous

lisabad3.jpg

URL: http://www.bmw2002faq.com/store/index.html

the new cars are *extremely* sophisticated... much of the diagnosis is a matter of the computer running a "short test" on the *entire* car; they basically diagnose themselves... it can tell you just about anything and everything on the car! yet we just had an e39 in that would raise and lower the power steering wheel whenever you operated the switches in the lighted sun visors... a more traditional diag procedure netted a bad iggy switch. I replaced it and the problem was fixed. (turning on and off the iggy switch does the same thing with the power steering wheel to ease entry and exit from the car. ;))

-Rob

Guest Anonymous

run a diagnostic on the machine using a computer which sends data real time back to the factory where a crack team of touraeg engineers diagnose the problem and then direct the service people on how to remedy.

Generally 2 techs per dealership are the only ones allowed to touch the cars and while they are working on it the whole time they have a web cam strapped to their head so the team at the factory can watch.

pretty crazy!

Guest Anonymous

standard.jpg

i dont want an innumerable amount of people accessing my driving profile ( those engine diagnostics can now give a read -out of revs/trips, etc): just imagine if someone could do a dump of the accumulated trip computer info in your car( if you had a car with a trip computer)- sorry: too much info for people who are not sponsoring the car!