An important, and until recently missing, piece of my EFI pr

Guest Anonymous

Guest Anonymous

CrankTriggerDisk1.jpg

arrived. I figured some of you would find this interesting. It is a 36-1 crank trigger disk (35 tooth). Purchased through a guy on the MegaJolt email list. I am not going to use the MegaJolt, but the list is good for info and sourcing some pieces such as this.

http://users.adelphia.net/~oddcomp/megajolt.htm

Not sure if the gentleman has more to sell or not, but if you are looking for one of these, the price can't be beat (under $20)

David

Guest Anonymous

TIICrankHub1.jpg

Definately a JY version is cheaper, but attaching one of the 'ring' styles did not match how I wanted to do it. The pic is of a tii crank hub.

BTW, from your parts, how does it look like the 'ring' style will match up to the standard 02 hub/pulley Is it going to require machining to get it to fit (I am guessing directly infront or behind the belt groove), or just weld it on?

Guest Anonymous

it's just pressed onto the pulley (harmonic balancer in F**D speak). I can get it off in 20 seconds or less at the boneyard with just a hammer. Use a rag to hold the teeth and smack the shit out of the balancer with a hammer. It only takes 6 or 7 whacks to get it off. Besides a harmonic balancer is $10 at the yard I go to, a misc. piece like the timing wheel is $1 :-)

Cheers!

John N

Guest Anonymous

is slightly oversized (2 or 3 thou) to the ID of the tooth wheel and with the center diameter that would fit to the back of a standard crank pulley. Heat up the timing ring in the oven to 500 oF or so and it should fit very nicely over the aluminum and stay there almost forever.

It may take some slight machining of the back side of the crank pulley to get a uniform surface.

Mount the inductive pickup on the block and then measure the proper distance from TDC make some marks, drill and tap some holes in the back side of the crank pulley and I should be good to go.

Right now I'm waiting for the MJ project to get a bit more finished, but pitching that Disti with a completely programable system would sure be sweet.

Cheers!

John N