Removing the injector timing gear?

Guest Anonymous

Guest Anonymous

Has any other tii guys out there figure out how to remove the K-Fisher Timing Gear in the Timing case from the K-Fisher's drive shaft? The BMW Manual calls for a puller "6078"...has anyone had any success with any other pullers? I saw a valve spring compressor (for a Ford?) that looked like it might into those circle cuts to lever it out...but what do you all think?

Guest Anonymous

I've heard this over and over, yet everytime I've done this I've just removed the belt and with some side to side movement I've been able to jiggle them out with minimal effort.

Did you try just prying it off yet? Or, are you just inquiring b4 doing so because I know for me I've had no problems and haven't needed any tools twice so far (on separate cars)

Guest Anonymous

I have and use a small gear puller, but with tightly fitted shaft, there is another way:....

Back off the nut till it's just flush with the end of the shaft, keeping it on the threads but leaving a little space between the back face and the gear. Get two screwdrivers and put a little pressure on the back of the kpump gear, and tap the nut/shaft with a hammer. Cushion the hammer blows with a piece of wood, use a brass face hammer, whatever. You want a sharp rap on the nut/shaft, but you want the nut on there so the threads aren't mushroomed (then you'd beee in deeeeep kimcheeeee, no sh*t).

You only need to move the kpump gear a fraction of an inch on the tapered shaft, and it's off. Remember not to loose the little woodruff key that's in there.

This works for kpump gears, axle shafts, and other such.